Open file of client's pc in read mode.

archana

Hi all,

I am new to asp.net. I heard somthing like we can't open file which is
there on client pc without uploading that file onto out server.

Is it right? If i am wrong then please correct me.

One more thing if it is possible to open file which is there on
client's pc in read mode, then which class i need to user.

If anyone can give me any idea on this or just clear my thoughs about
reading of file then please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hans Kesting

Hi all,
I am new to asp.net. I heard somthing like we can't open file which is
there on client pc without uploading that file onto out server.

Is it right? If i am wrong then please correct me.

One more thing if it is possible to open file which is there on
client's pc in read mode, then which class i need to user.

If anyone can give me any idea on this or just clear my thoughs about
reading of file then please help me.

Thanks in advance.

An asp.net application lives on the server and communicates with the
client (browser) using plain html (and javascript). Security
restrictions prohibit reading files on that client (would *you* want
any website to be able to read any file on *your* computer?).

Hans Kesting