open MS Access databse in Firefox

Sunny

In IE, we can open an access database uing an Active X Object.
How I can do the same in Firefox.
As Firefox, dont allow you to create a Active X Object.

Here is the IE Code.
var myConnect = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
Source=" + dbpath + "";
var ConnectObj = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Connection");
var RS1 = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Recordset");

Gregor Kofler

Sunny meinte:
In IE, we can open an access database uing an Active X Object.
How I can do the same in Firefox.
As Firefox, dont allow you to create a Active X Object.

I suppose... you can't.

The Magpie

Sunny said:
In IE, we can open an access database uing an Active X Object.
How I can do the same in Firefox.
As Firefox, dont allow you to create a Active X Object.

Here is the IE Code.
var myConnect = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
Source=" + dbpath + "";
var ConnectObj = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Connection");
var RS1 = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Recordset");

Actually, Sunny, what you can do is open an ActiveX in
*Microsoft_Windows* rather than "in Internet Explorer". Its just that
Internet Explorer is intended to run on Microsoft Windows and to talk
directly to it. You may remember there were anti-trust cases against
Microsoft about this (they lost in the EU and pay us lots of welcome
cash every year because of it. I forget what happened in the USA).

Firefox, on the other hand, is *not* limited to Microsoft Windows and
does *not* presume it is there. If it is on Windows, there is a
utility to do what you want - I think it is still in Beta test though
rather than widely used. To be honest, I have no idea if it works and
would not use it even if it did.