Open MS outlook from Java Application

Ashraf Fouad

Dears,
I'm making Java Client application where I want to open the default
user mail client -in my case it is MS outlook- with default attachment
and subject and body.
I know how it is done in HTML mailto:..... but I want it from Java
client application, as a button or triggered by some action. I don't
want to use JavaMail API, as it is required by the customer to use his
outlook so that he can make a follow up on the message or keep it in
his sent item or whatever but he needs initial email like I described.
Does anyone know how?

Thankx

Rick Osborn

You could create a VB .exe that accesses Windows API/COM,
performs action you want. And launch this exe from Java
System.runtime().

But I'm sure that's not the simple answer you're looking for.