open Souce project in C/C++/Java to convert html, doc, pdf to BMP

prashanthegde81

Hi All

Is there any open Souce project in C/C++/Java to convert html, doc,
pdf to BMP?

I would like to get the Bitmap image of contents rendered in the Web
Browser ActiveX control. I want to get the good quality image so I
don't want to use images from the view (rendered content).

Is there any alternate method?

Please Help...

Thanks in Advance.

Marcel Müller

Hi!

Is there any open Souce project in C/C++/Java to convert html, doc,
pdf to BMP?

Probably yes. Any FAX server will do that. (In fact the rendering is
done in two steps, first by the native application for a format, secondly

I would like to get the Bitmap image of contents rendered in the Web
Browser ActiveX control.

? - Download the referenced content as file and send it to a FAX server.
As long as you restrict to html, doc, pdf sources the solution should be
straight forward. The most complicated thing will be doc, because it
requires an office application like Word or OpenOffice. They are not
very reliable in automation mode. And HTML output is ambiguous because
of factors like page width and font scaling. PDF is quite easy.
Ghostscript will do the Job.

Marcel

red floyd

Hi All

Is there any open Souce project in C/C++/Java to convert html, doc,
pdf to BMP?

I would like to get the Bitmap image of contents rendered in the Web
Browser ActiveX control. I want to get the good quality image so I
don't want to use images from the view (rendered content).

Is there any alternate method?

I just checked my copy of the Standard, and it doesn't mention Bitmaps,
Web Browser, or ActiveX.

May I suggest posting in a newsgroup with Windows or Visual Studio in
its name?

See FAQ 5.9

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9