Open Source Java/J2EE development distribution - OpenEnterpriseX

Charles

Hi,

OpenEnterpriseX is a free, open source, comprehensive and
standards-based Java(TM)/J2EE(TM) development suite
distribution(single solution) for building enterprise application. It
is based on leading Open Source web servers, containers, frameworks,
utilities, database and integrated development editor. It is current
at version 0.1 and it encompasses the following packages : JBoss,
Apache, Tomcat, Eclipse, Struts, SiteMesh, JUnit, Axis, Tomcat
Connectors, JBoss IDE, xpetstore....

We feel that one important problem faced in open source Java/J2EE
is the lack of a single uniform approach. The open source packages are
typically developed by different individuals and entities, each with
its own setup, installation procedures and documentation. The
different software packages are definitely high quality and does
definitely work with each other. However, in order to make use of
these excellent tools and applications, developers - especially those
who have not used some of these open
source packages before - often need to spend substantial time to setup
and configure the different softwares to make them work together. This
in a way makes the evaluation of open source softwares difficult and
limits their use.
To address this problem, we (at openenterprisex.org) believe that a
single uniform distribution of the different open source packages is
required. We provide a distribution that will address the problem of
setting up and configuring the different softwares in a manner that
help developers quickly make use of them. This will also be extremely
helpful to developers who are evaluating many open source software
packages together at the same time.

The distribution comes with an installer to setup and configure the
different packages. Detailed documentation will be provided to use the
open source packages together to achieve synergy.

We are a group of volunteers who use open source technologies. We
feel that with greater ease of use, these technologies can definitely
benefit more developers.

Visit us and support our community project at
http://www.openenterprisex.org

Rgds,
Charles
(e-mail address removed)