Open Source project needs quick help from regexp expert: XML Namevalidation

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by manos, Sep 26, 2008.

  1. manos

    manos Guest

    manos, Sep 26, 2008

  2. Re: Open Source project needs quick help from regexp expert: XMLName validation

    manos wrote:
    > I'm working on an open source JS version [1] of WAX (Writing API for
    > XML). Most unit tests work [2] , but I need a regexp that validates
    > strings are proper XML names [3]. I suck at regexps :-/

    Change that, then:

    <http://oreilly.com/catalog/regex/chapter/ch04.html>
    <http://developer.mozilla.org/En/Core_JavaScript_1.5_Reference:Global_Objects:RegExp>

    > [3] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#NT-Name

    Doesn't the ABNF already provide the approach?

    PointedEars
    --
    var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
    ) // Plone, register_function.js:16