Open Specified Port

Lee

Hi,
I'm developing one socket program now using VC++. The socket program
will receive data from one unix machine and after verification, it
will write the data into the informix database. I'm connecting the
database through ODBC.
My question now is how can I control my socket program to use
specified port when doing all the receiving and sending jobs?

Thanks for helping.

Christoph Rabel

Lee said:
Hi,
I'm developing one socket program now using VC++. The socket program
will receive data from one unix machine and after verification, it
will write the data into the informix database. I'm connecting the
database through ODBC.
My question now is how can I control my socket program to use
specified port when doing all the receiving and sending jobs?

Sorry to disappoint you, but youre question is quite OS specific and has
nothing to do with the language C++.

Sockets are in general part of the POSIX Standard.
But since Microsoft has only partly implemented POSIX it is best if you
ask this in a microsoft specific newsgroup like

microsoft.public.vc.language

Hopefully they can help you.

Regards,

Christoph