OpenCores.org's I2C: Clock Stretching Support

markus_1401

Hi,

I'm currently working with the I2C core supplied by OpenCores.org. I
have successfully got the design to work in an FPGA.

However, all of the slave device I used may not have the clock
stretching feature implemented. As a result, I am not sure if this I2C
core uses the included clock stretching feature correctly. I tried
looking at the code, but could not find any code that implies clock
stretching logic. The documentation for this core also lacks
information regarding the clock stretching. Has anyone used this core
with a slave that performed clock stretching?

If you're familiar with this core, my control logic for this core
simply sends the instructions that's required for read/write and waits
for interrupts, ack/nack, and TIP logic to assert/deassert. Do I need
to add logic to detect clock stretching?

Thanks,
-M

ghelbig

Clock stretching is done by the I2C slave.

Richard's code does handle it. Look for the signal 'slave_wait'.

GH