    the J2SE 1.5 distribution from Sun contain
    everything I need? One other tiny detail,
    I have WIN XP and they don't mention WIN.
    nos, Mar 5, 2004

  2. nos wrote:

    > The "J2SE 1.5 in a Nutshell" page says
    > ---
    > Linux and Solaris users who have the latest OpenGL drivers and select
    > graphic cards can get native hardware acceleration from Java2D using the
    > following runtime property:
    > java -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true -jar Java2D.
    > ---
    > I recently got a Dell laptop with so called
    > "Intel Extreme Graphics" that includes openGL,
    > but I don't have any documentation. Will
    > the J2SE 1.5 distribution from Sun contain
    > everything I need? One other tiny detail,
    > I have WIN XP and they don't mention WIN.

    Swing is already accelerated under windows using DirectX IIRC.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren
    Christophe Vanfleteren, Mar 5, 2004

  3. nos

    nos Guest

    "Christophe Vanfleteren" <> wrote in message
    > nos wrote:
    >
    > > The "J2SE 1.5 in a Nutshell" page says
    > > ---
    > > Linux and Solaris users who have the latest OpenGL drivers and select
    > > graphic cards can get native hardware acceleration from Java2D using the
    > > following runtime property:
    > > java -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true -jar Java2D.
    > > ---
    > > I recently got a Dell laptop with so called
    > > "Intel Extreme Graphics" that includes openGL,
    > > but I don't have any documentation. Will
    > > the J2SE 1.5 distribution from Sun contain
    > > everything I need? One other tiny detail,
    > > I have WIN XP and they don't mention WIN.

    > Swing is already accelerated under windows using DirectX IIRC.
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    > Christophe Vanfleteren

    Does DirectX use openGL hardware then?
    nos, Mar 5, 2004
  4. nos wrote:

    > "Christophe Vanfleteren" <> wrote in message
    >> nos wrote:
    >>
    >> > The "J2SE 1.5 in a Nutshell" page says
    >> > ---
    >> > Linux and Solaris users who have the latest OpenGL drivers and select
    >> > graphic cards can get native hardware acceleration from Java2D using
    >> > the following runtime property:
    >> > java -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true -jar Java2D.
    >> > ---
    >> > I recently got a Dell laptop with so called
    >> > "Intel Extreme Graphics" that includes openGL,
    >> > but I don't have any documentation. Will
    >> > the J2SE 1.5 distribution from Sun contain
    >> > everything I need? One other tiny detail,
    >> > I have WIN XP and they don't mention WIN.

    >> Swing is already accelerated under windows using DirectX IIRC.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kind regards,
    >> Christophe Vanfleteren

    > Does DirectX use openGL hardware then?

    No, DirectX is its own system and has nothing to do with OpenGL.
    It does use the 3D hardware if it is available though, if you have an
    appropiate driver for your card (most of them are DirectX compatible).

    --
    Kind regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren
    Christophe Vanfleteren, Mar 5, 2004