Opening a new window using Javascript

James Bondin

Hi people,

Im fairly new to javascript so this might or might not be an easy
question to answer...Im currently opening a new browser window using the
"window.open" function when the user clicks a hyperlink....

My question is this:
Is there any way to either disable or remove/hide the close button (the
X button) or even all three buttons (minimise, maximise, close) ??

Please help

Thanks in advance
James

Robin

These are the available settings:
window.open('pageToopen.htm','windowName','toolbars=no,directories=no,locati
on=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,dependent=yes,width=640,height=525') ;

There may be other settings but these are the ones I'm using!

Markus Ernst

James Bondin said:
Hi people,

Im fairly new to javascript so this might or might not be an easy
question to answer...Im currently opening a new browser window using the
"window.open" function when the user clicks a hyperlink....

My question is this:
Is there any way to either disable or remove/hide the close button (the
X button) or even all three buttons (minimise, maximise, close) ??

No, as these are features of the browser software or even of the operating
system, and not of the web page.

Anyway, imagine you could do that... I am sure after the third web site that
opened windows that you can't close you would disable Javascript forever.