    Simply put... i start the connection with my java program and connection
    awaits dial confirmation click.

    How to make this "click" in my java program ?
    nescafe, Feb 27, 2012

  2. nescafe

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    On 02/27/2012 06:55 AM, nescafe wrote:
    > Hello.
    > Im using netbeans on my linux box but the program will be placed on
    > windowz box.That's why i use .bat file. I can put this into code but
    > it's simple to work with .bat file.
    >
    > Anyway, here is the problem...
    > I have to open ISDN connection and make the dial.
    > The connection is in part of local area connection and i can start it
    > with netsh or devcon. This part is tested and working.
    > But... to complete the process i have to click on "Dial" button.
    >
    > Simply put... i start the connection with my java program and connection
    > awaits dial confirmation click.
    >
    > How to make this "click" in my java program ?

    import javax.swing.JOptionPane;

    public class OptionTest {

    int chosenOption = JOptionPane.showConfirmDialog(
    null,
    "Confirm dial?",
    "ISDN Connection",
    JOptionPane.YES_NO_CANCEL_OPTION );

    String optionMessage;
    if (chosenOption == JOptionPane.CANCEL_OPTION) {
    optionMessage = "Cancel option chosen";
    }
    else if (chosenOption == JOptionPane.NO_OPTION) {
    optionMessage = "No option chosen";
    }
    else if (chosenOption == JOptionPane.YES_OPTION){
    optionMessage = "Yes option chosen";
    }
    else {optionMessage = "Unexpected Option";}

    JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, optionMessage);
    Jeff Higgins, Feb 27, 2012

  3. nescafe

    nescafe Guest

    On 02/27/2012 04:54 PM, Jeff Higgins wrote:
    > On 02/27/2012 06:55 AM, nescafe wrote:
    >> Hello.
    >> Im using netbeans on my linux box but the program will be placed on
    >> windowz box.That's why i use .bat file. I can put this into code but
    >> it's simple to work with .bat file.
    >>
    >> Anyway, here is the problem...
    >> I have to open ISDN connection and make the dial.
    >> The connection is in part of local area connection and i can start it
    >> with netsh or devcon. This part is tested and working.
    >> But... to complete the process i have to click on "Dial" button.
    >>
    >> Simply put... i start the connection with my java program and connection
    >> awaits dial confirmation click.
    >>
    >> How to make this "click" in my java program ?
    >>

    > import javax.swing.JOptionPane;
    >
    > public class OptionTest {

    > int chosenOption = JOptionPane.showConfirmDialog(
    > null,
    > "Confirm dial?",
    > "ISDN Connection",
    > JOptionPane.YES_NO_CANCEL_OPTION );
    >
    > String optionMessage;
    > if (chosenOption == JOptionPane.CANCEL_OPTION) {
    > optionMessage = "Cancel option chosen";
    > }
    > else if (chosenOption == JOptionPane.NO_OPTION) {
    > optionMessage = "No option chosen";
    > }
    > else if (chosenOption == JOptionPane.YES_OPTION){
    > optionMessage = "Yes option chosen";
    > }
    > else {optionMessage = "Unexpected Option";}
    >
    > JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, optionMessage);

    ok i will try ,but just to elaborate...
    The "isdn window" is external program.
    Start / network connections / isdn connection.
    nescafe, Feb 28, 2012
  4. nescafe

    nescafe Guest

    /*
    * KutinaApp.java
    */

    package kutina;
    import javax.swing.JOptionPane;
    import org.jdesktop.application.Application;
    import org.jdesktop.application.SingleFrameApplication;

    public class KutinaApp extends SingleFrameApplication {

    @Override protected void startup() {
    show(new KutinaView(this));
    }
    @Override protected void configureWindow(java.awt.Window root) {
    }
    public static KutinaApp getApplication() {
    return Application.getInstance(KutinaApp.class);

    public class JOptionPaneTest1 {

    //******** inner class cannot have static declarations ************

    launch(KutinaApp.class, args );

    //-----------------------
    int chosenOption = JOptionPane.showConfirmDialog(
    null,
    "Call?",
    "ISDN",
    JOptionPane.YES_NO_CANCEL_OPTION );

    String optionMessage;
    if (chosenOption == JOptionPane.CANCEL_OPTION) {
    optionMessage = "Cancel";
    }
    else if (chosenOption == JOptionPane.YES_OPTION){
    optionMessage = "Confirm";
    }
    else {optionMessage = "Error";}

    JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, optionMessage);
    -------------------------
    I get error : inner classes cannot have static declarations ?
    I googleit but all examples are the same and there should be no error.
    nescafe, Feb 28, 2012
  5. nescafe

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/javaOO/nested.html>
    Jeff Higgins, Feb 28, 2012
  6. nescafe

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swing_Application_Framework>
    Jeff Higgins, Feb 28, 2012
  7. nescafe

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    On 02/28/2012 02:17 AM, nescafe wrote:
    > /*
    > * KutinaApp.java
    > */
    >
    > package kutina;
    > import javax.swing.JOptionPane;
    > import org.jdesktop.application.Application;
    > import org.jdesktop.application.SingleFrameApplication;
    >
    > public class KutinaApp extends SingleFrameApplication {
    >
    > @Override protected void startup() {
    > show(new KutinaView(this));
    > }
    > @Override protected void configureWindow(java.awt.Window root) {
    > }
    > public static KutinaApp getApplication() {
    > return Application.getInstance(KutinaApp.class);
    > }
    >
    > //--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    > public class JOptionPaneTest1 {

    > //******** inner class cannot have static declarations ************
    >
    > launch(KutinaApp.class, args );

    Try this:
    Application.launch(KutinaApp.class, args );

    > //-----------------------

    You probably want to put your Confirm Dial-out in an action.

    Jeff Higgins, Feb 28, 2012
  8. nescafe

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    On 02/28/2012 08:23 AM, Jeff Higgins wrote:

    > You probably want to put your Confirm Dial-out in an action.

    You may want to consider options other than the obsolete Swing
    Application Framework.
    Jeff Higgins, Feb 28, 2012
  9. nescafe

    Lew Guest

    On 02/27/2012 11:17 PM, nescafe wrote:
    > /*
    > * KutinaApp.java
    > */
    >
    > package kutina;
    > import javax.swing.JOptionPane;
    > import org.jdesktop.application.Application;
    > import org.jdesktop.application.SingleFrameApplication;
    >
    > public class KutinaApp extends SingleFrameApplication {
    >
    > @Override protected void startup() {
    > show(new KutinaView(this));
    > }
    > @Override protected void configureWindow(java.awt.Window root) {
    > }
    > public static KutinaApp getApplication() {
    > return Application.getInstance(KutinaApp.class);
    > }
    >
    > //--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > public class JOptionPaneTest1 {

    > //******** inner class cannot have static declarations ************

    Since you declared 'JOptionPaneTest1' (terrible name) inside another type
    without the 'static' keyword, it's an inner class, not a static nested class.
    Inner classes cannot have static members. You declared a static member
    'main()' within that inner class. Just like the message says, inner classes
    cannot have static declarations.

    Very straightforward.

    > -------------------------
    > I get error : inner classes cannot have static declarations ?
    > I googleit but all examples are the same and there should be no error.

    As Jeff suggested, the tutorial is a great place to start. After that, GIYF, too.

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    Lew, Feb 28, 2012
  10. nescafe

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    On 02/28/2012 12:24 PM, Lew wrote:
    > On 02/27/2012 11:17 PM, nescafe wrote:
    >> /*
    >> * KutinaApp.java
    >> */
    >>
    >> package kutina;
    >> import javax.swing.JOptionPane;
    >> import org.jdesktop.application.Application;
    >> import org.jdesktop.application.SingleFrameApplication;
    >>
    >> public class KutinaApp extends SingleFrameApplication {
    >>
    >> @Override protected void startup() {
    >> show(new KutinaView(this));
    >> }
    >> @Override protected void configureWindow(java.awt.Window root) {
    >> }
    >> public static KutinaApp getApplication() {
    >> return Application.getInstance(KutinaApp.class);
    >> }
    >>
    >> //--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>
    >> public class JOptionPaneTest1 {

    >> //******** inner class cannot have static declarations ************

    > Since you declared 'JOptionPaneTest1' (terrible name) inside another
    > type without the 'static' keyword, it's an inner class, not a static
    > nested class. Inner classes cannot have static members. You declared a
    > static member 'main()' within that inner class. Just like the message
    > says, inner classes cannot have static declarations.
    >
    > Very straightforward.

    >> -------------------------
    >> I get error : inner classes cannot have static declarations ?
    >> I googleit but all examples are the same and there should be no error.

    > As Jeff suggested, the tutorial is a great place to start. After that,
    > GIYF, too.

    Huh, it's so funny how my feeble little mind works (or doesn't) sometimes.
    Despite the OP's code sample , error message, and pointer to the line
    where the error occurred; I completely missed the public class
    JOptionPaneTest1 declaration!
    Thanks.
    Jeff Higgins, Feb 28, 2012
  11. nescafe

    nescafe Guest

    On 02/28/2012 09:54 PM, Lew wrote:
    > Jeff Higgins wrote:

    >>> Since you declared 'JOptionPaneTest1' (terrible name) inside another
    >>> type without the 'static' keyword, it's an inner class, not a static
    >>> nested class. Inner classes cannot have static members. You declared a
    >>> static member 'main()' within that inner class. Just like the message
    >>> says, inner classes cannot have static declarations.
    >>>
    >>> Very straightforward.

    >>> As Jeff suggested, the tutorial is a great place to start. After that,
    >>> GIYF, too.
    >>>

    >> Huh, it's so funny how my feeble little mind works (or doesn't)
    >> sometimes.
    >> Despite the OP's code sample , error message, and pointer to the line
    >> where
    >> the error occurred; I completely missed the public class JOptionPaneTest1
    >> declaration!

    > That's because his indentation sucks. He did everything in his power to
    > hide that the inner class was an inner class.
    >
    > I had to reconstruct the indentation for my reply to be readable. This
    > made it obvious that the ill-named 'JOptionPaneTest1' was an inner class.

    --------------------
    OK.
    I do have one more question.
    If i open isdn connection and directly after that i open some data
    logger i can not close the same isdn connection ** automatically** on
    data logger closing. Basicaly, i close data logger program but isdn
    connections is still connected.

    Shortly:
    open isdn connection
    open datalogger
    close datalogger
    close isdn connection.

    When program starts, he opens isdn and when i X-it the datalogger, isdn
    should be closed and not before.
    nescafe, Feb 29, 2012
  12. nescafe

    Lew Guest

    nescafe wrote:
    > OK.
    > I do have one more question.
    > If i open isdn connection and directly after that i open some data logger i
    > can not close the same isdn connection ** automatically** on data logger
    > closing. Basicaly, i close data logger program but isdn connections is still
    > connected.
    >
    > Shortly:
    > open isdn connection
    > open datalogger
    > close datalogger
    > close isdn connection.
    >
    > When program starts, he opens isdn and when i X-it the datalogger, isdn should
    > be closed and not before.

    Wrap the datalogger part in a 'try{}' and close the ISDN in the 'finally{}'.

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    Lew, Feb 29, 2012
  13. nescafe

    nescafe Guest

    On 02/29/2012 07:29 AM, Lew wrote:
    > nescafe wrote:
    >> OK.
    >> I do have one more question.
    >> If i open isdn connection and directly after that i open some data
    >> logger i
    >> can not close the same isdn connection ** automatically** on data logger
    >> closing. Basicaly, i close data logger program but isdn connections is
    >> still
    >> connected.
    >>
    >> Shortly:
    >> open isdn connection
    >> open datalogger
    >> close datalogger
    >> close isdn connection.
    >>
    >> When program starts, he opens isdn and when i X-it the datalogger,
    >> isdn should
    >> be closed and not before.

    > Wrap the datalogger part in a 'try{}' and close the ISDN in the
    > 'finally{}'.

    -----------
    i can not do this beacuse im using bat file to do this:
    cd..
    cd prog
    cd cms
    cms.exe

    I didnt implement this into code.
    nescafe, Feb 29, 2012
  14. nescafe

    Lew Guest

    nescafe wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    >> nescafe wrote:
    >>> OK.
    >>> I do have one more question.
    >>> If i open isdn connection and directly after that i open some data
    >>> logger i
    >>> can not close the same isdn connection ** automatically** on data logger
    >>> closing. Basicaly, i close data logger program but isdn connections is
    >>> still
    >>> connected.
    >>>
    >>> Shortly:
    >>> open isdn connection
    >>> open datalogger
    >>> close datalogger
    >>> close isdn connection.
    >>>
    >>> When program starts, he opens isdn and when i X-it the datalogger,
    >>> isdn should
    >>> be closed and not before.

    >> Wrap the datalogger part in a 'try{}' and close the ISDN in the
    >> 'finally{}'.
    >>

    > -----------
    > i can not do this beacuse im using bat file to do this:
    > cd..
    > cd prog
    > cd cms
    > cms.exe
    >
    > I didnt implement this into code.

    Oh, well.

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    Lew, Feb 29, 2012
  15. nescafe

    nescafe Guest

    On 02/29/2012 09:48 AM, Lew wrote:
    > nescafe wrote:

    >>> Wrap the datalogger part in a 'try{}' and close the ISDN in the
    >>> 'finally{}'.
    >>>

    >> -----------
    >> i can not do this beacuse im using bat file to do this:
    >> cd..
    >> cd prog
    >> cd cms
    >> cms.exe
    >>
    >> I didnt implement this into code.

    > Oh, well.

    ---------
    :) The runtine calls file test.bat
    This file has all that i need.
    Can you give suggestion how to solve my problem using .bat file ?
    nescafe, Feb 29, 2012
  16. nescafe

    Lew Guest

    nescafe wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    >> nescafe wrote:

    >>> -----------
    >>> i can not do this beacuse im using bat file to do this:
    >>> cd..
    >>> cd prog
    >>> cd cms
    >>> cms.exe
    >>>
    >>> I didnt implement this into code.

    >> Oh, well.
    >>

    > ---------
    > :) The runtine calls file test.bat
    > This file has all that i need.
    > Can you give suggestion how to solve my problem using .bat file ?

    I can't speak for everyone here, but no.

    You are going about the whole thing bassackwards.

    I can give Java insight here in this Java newsgroup.

    I do have two observations:

    - Coordinating logic within a program from outside that program without the
    program having hooks for such control is likely not feasible at all.

    - Running a Java program as a system-specific artifact, and black box at that,
    is not the highest, best use of Java.

    My advice is to "implement this into code", as you put it.

    If you need Windows advice, as you indicate that you do, this is the wrong
    newsgroup. comp.lang.java.programmer is a discussion group (not helpdesk) for
    Java programming topics. You appear unwilling to discuss Java.

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    Lew, Feb 29, 2012
  17. nescafe

    nescafe Guest

    On 02/29/2012 07:06 PM, Lew wrote:
    > nescafe wrote:

    >>> Oh, well.
    >>>

    >> ---------
    >> :) The runtine calls file test.bat
    >> This file has all that i need.
    >> Can you give suggestion how to solve my problem using .bat file ?

    > I can't speak for everyone here, but no.
    >
    > You are going about the whole thing bassackwards.
    >
    > I can give Java insight here in this Java newsgroup.
    >
    > I do have two observations:
    >
    > - Coordinating logic within a program from outside that program without
    > the program having hooks for such control is likely not feasible at all.
    >
    > - Running a Java program as a system-specific artifact, and black box at
    > that, is not the highest, best use of Java.
    >
    > My advice is to "implement this into code", as you put it.
    >
    > If you need Windows advice, as you indicate that you do, this is the
    > wrong newsgroup. comp.lang.java.programmer is a discussion group (not
    > helpdesk) for Java programming topics. You appear unwilling to discuss
    > Java.

    ---------
    i agree with you totaly.
    The reason why i put this into bat file was because i couldn't not
    define the string with all of the commands in it (i get always syntax or
    compile error )
    nescafe, Mar 2, 2012
  18. nescafe

    Lew Guest

    nescafe wrote:
    > i [sic] agree with you totaly.
    > The reason why i put this into bat file was because i couldn't not define the
    > string with all of the commands in it (i get always syntax or compile error )

    If you're talking about Java code, or a command-line difficulty getting your
    program to run, perhaps we can help.

    You could share the contents the .bat file. It doesn't have to reveal any
    proprietary information but should give a good example of what you're dealing
    with. Then maybe we can help with that.

    It's just that with the little fragments of code, and none of .bat, that
    you've shown, and rather vague descriptions of your difficulties, it's very
    hard to give you good assistance.

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.