opening new web page in asp.net

Sushil Prasad

hi,
I have a web application with a help link. On the click of the help link
user see a html page. I do response.redirect to url in my code. The vb.net
application that user was using gets overloaded with html page. Is there a
way to display this html in a new web page so that user can see both the web
application and this html page.

Guest

Hello Sushil - I think a nice way to do this would be with a popup window
using javascript:

In the aspx page use a link like this:
<A onmouseover="window.status='Help window';return true"
onmouseout="window.status=''" href="javascript:popupWindow('Help.html',450,350)">help link</A>

Couple that link with a bit of javascript:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
/* first, declare the variable newWin that will be used
for the new window object, so that we can refer to it later. */
var newWin;

/* the basic window opening function. */
function popupWindow(url,w,h)
{
settings = '"toolbar=no,
directories=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,status=no,width='+w+',height='+h+'"';
/* calling the closeWindow() function. */
closeWindow();
newWin = window.open(url,'newWin',settings);
newWin.focus();
}

/* the closeWindow function */
function closeWindow()
{
if (newWin && !newWin.closed)
{
newWin.close();

You can probably do something in asp.net to open a new browser window, but I
kinda like this because it's done as a pop-up window.