opensource css editor?

Lian

Hi all,
Is there any opensource css editor available? I have searched via
Google and find that all are not opensource that means i should pay for
those softwares. I am using Linux and really don't want to waste that money.
I wonder if there is opensource css editor available for
downloading. Thank you for any suggestions.

David Dorward

Lian said:
Is there any opensource css editor available? I have searched via
Google and find that all are not opensource that means i should pay for
those softwares. I am using Linux and really don't want to waste that
money.

No, "not opensource" means you can't see the source code. It doesn't mean
you have to pay for it.
I wonder if there is opensource css editor available for
downloading. Thank you for any suggestions.

Emacs
Vim
Mozilla DOM Inspector
Mozilla CSS Extension

Mitja

Lian said:
Hi all,
Is there any opensource css editor available? I have searched via
Google and find that all are not opensource that means i should pay
for those softwares. I am using Linux

Linux? I once had a thing called WeeEye. Or something.

DU

Lian said:
Hi all,
Is there any opensource css editor available? I have searched via
Google and find that all are not opensource that means i should pay for
those softwares. I am using Linux and really don't want to waste that
money.
I wonder if there is opensource css editor available for
downloading. Thank you for any suggestions.

If you're looking for a FREE css editor rather (David Dorward explained
to you that open source means something else), then consider these:

- TopStyle Lite 3.10 (Free) (1.75MB), a WYSIWYG CSS editor
http://www.bradsoft.com/download/index.asp

- NVu software: later versions will have more CSS edition features;
right now, only at version 0.2 but its creator, D. Glazman, has been
associated with Netscape Communications Division and the Mozilla.org
project for 3 years, so he's a very capable person.
http://nvu.com/download.html
also for day to day progress on NVu
http://webperso.easyconnect.fr/danielglazman/weblog/dotclear/index.php?Nvu

- CaScadeS, stylesheet editor for Composer, the HTML editor of
Mozilla/Netscape.
http://cascades.mozdev.org/
but it's no longer into development as a standalone add-on. D. Glazman
is now working on NVu.

- 30 days demo version of Style Master
http://www.westciv.com/style_master/index.html

I recommend NVu: with time, the product will become more powerful.

DU

Marc Nadeau

Lian a schtroumphé:
Hi all,
Is there any opensource css editor available? I have
searched via
Google and find that all are not opensource that means i
should pay for those softwares. I am using Linux and really
don't want to waste that money.
I wonder if there is opensource css editor available for
downloading. Thank you for any suggestions.

cssed

http://cssed.sourceforge.net/

Leif K-Brooks

Mitja said:
VI? Something like that. Maybe IV. Later I upgraded to millenium edition:
VIM.

Millenium edition? Please let that be a joke. VIM = Vi IMproved.