    those softwares. I am using Linux and really don't want to waste that money.
    I wonder if there is opensource css editor available for
    downloading. Thank you for any suggestions.

    Lian, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Lian wrote:

    > Is there any opensource css editor available? I have searched via
    > Google and find that all are not opensource that means i should pay for
    > those softwares. I am using Linux and really don't want to waste that
    > money.

    No, "not opensource" means you can't see the source code. It doesn't mean
    you have to pay for it.

    > I wonder if there is opensource css editor available for
    > downloading. Thank you for any suggestions.

    Emacs
    Vim
    Mozilla DOM Inspector
    Mozilla CSS Extension

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Toby A Inkster, Jun 2, 2004
  4. Lian

    Mitja Guest

    Lian <>
    (news:) wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Is there any opensource css editor available? I have searched via
    > Google and find that all are not opensource that means i should pay
    > for those softwares. I am using Linux

    Linux? I once had a thing called WeeEye. Or something.

    Mitja, Jun 2, 2004
  5. Leif K-Brooks, Jun 2, 2004
  6. Lian

    DU Guest

    Lian wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Is there any opensource css editor available? I have searched via
    > Google and find that all are not opensource that means i should pay for
    > those softwares. I am using Linux and really don't want to waste that
    > money.
    > I wonder if there is opensource css editor available for
    > downloading. Thank you for any suggestions.

    If you're looking for a FREE css editor rather (David Dorward explained
    to you that open source means something else), then consider these:

    - TopStyle Lite 3.10 (Free) (1.75MB), a WYSIWYG CSS editor
    http://www.bradsoft.com/download/index.asp

    - NVu software: later versions will have more CSS edition features;
    right now, only at version 0.2 but its creator, D. Glazman, has been
    associated with Netscape Communications Division and the Mozilla.org
    project for 3 years, so he's a very capable person.
    http://nvu.com/download.html
    also for day to day progress on NVu
    http://webperso.easyconnect.fr/danielglazman/weblog/dotclear/index.php?Nvu

    - CaScadeS, stylesheet editor for Composer, the HTML editor of
    Mozilla/Netscape.
    http://cascades.mozdev.org/
    but it's no longer into development as a standalone add-on. D. Glazman
    is now working on NVu.

    - 30 days demo version of Style Master
    http://www.westciv.com/style_master/index.html

    I recommend NVu: with time, the product will become more powerful.

    DU

    DU, Jun 3, 2004
  7. On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:17:12 +0200 Mitja posted:

    > Linux? I once had a thing called WeeEye. Or something.

    Like the Roman numeral six?

    David Christopher Weichert, Jun 3, 2004
  8. Lian

    Mitja Guest

    David Christopher Weichert <>
    (news:p) wrote:
    > On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:17:12 +0200 Mitja posted:
    >

    >> Linux? I once had a thing called WeeEye. Or something.

    > Like the Roman numeral six?

    VI? Something like that. Maybe IV. Later I upgraded to millenium edition:
    VIM.

    Mitja, Jun 3, 2004
  9. Lian

    Marc Nadeau Guest

    Lian a schtroumphé:

    > Hi all,
    > Is there any opensource css editor available? I have
    > searched via
    > Google and find that all are not opensource that means i
    > should pay for those softwares. I am using Linux and really
    > don't want to waste that money.
    > I wonder if there is opensource css editor available for
    > downloading. Thank you for any suggestions.

    cssed

    http://cssed.sourceforge.net/

    --
    #mv sco /dev/null
    Marc Nadeau # La Pagerie /* http://www.pagerie.com */

    Marc Nadeau, Jun 5, 2004
  10. Mitja wrote:
    > VI? Something like that. Maybe IV. Later I upgraded to millenium edition:
    > VIM.

    Millenium edition? Please let that be a joke. VIM = Vi IMproved.

    Leif K-Brooks, Jun 5, 2004
  11. Lian

    Mitja Guest

    Leif K-Brooks <>
    (news:Iqcwc.462$) wrote:
    > Mitja wrote:
    >> VI? Something like that. Maybe IV. Later I upgraded to millenium
    >> edition: VIM.

    > Millenium edition? Please let that be a joke.

    I've also got the "eXtra FREEky" (XFree) Windows edition. It's a bit old
    (86), but works fine for me.

    > VIM = Vi IMproved.

    Ah well. If you say so :)

    Mitja, Jun 5, 2004