openwebmail and speed

Jasper

Hello, all,

We're using openwebmail in work, and we're experiencing some speed
issues when it comes to mailboxes which are quite full.

Is there any way to speed this up?

For instance, the dbmopen() call presumably has to create the
databases in the first instance to get a fresh look at a mailbox. Can
this be moved to an external script, called when new mail is added to
the box?

That's about all I can think of.

Anyone worked with this? Anyone just moved to another web mail? From
the info I've looked at people (and ow themselves) seem to think that
openwebmail isn't slow compared to other systems.

Help appreciated,
Jasper

J. Gleixner

Jasper said:
Hello, all,

We're using openwebmail in work, and we're experiencing some speed
issues when it comes to mailboxes which are quite full.

Is there any way to speed this up?

For instance, the dbmopen() call presumably has to create the
databases in the first instance to get a fresh look at a mailbox. Can
this be moved to an external script, called when new mail is added to
the box?

That's about all I can think of.

Anyone worked with this? Anyone just moved to another web mail? From
the info I've looked at people (and ow themselves) seem to think that
openwebmail isn't slow compared to other systems.

Simply reading through their web site shows:

CONTACT

If you encountered any problem with Open Webmail, please check
changes.txt to see if the problem is fixed in the latest current
version. If not, try the readme.txt and faq.txt.
If you want to seek help, please post your problem in the
openwebmail-users discussion forum.

The forum is: http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=108433