openwebmail and speed

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Jasper, May 20, 2004.

  1. Jasper

    Jasper Guest

    Hello, all,

    We're using openwebmail in work, and we're experiencing some speed
    issues when it comes to mailboxes which are quite full.

    Is there any way to speed this up?

    For instance, the dbmopen() call presumably has to create the
    databases in the first instance to get a fresh look at a mailbox. Can
    this be moved to an external script, called when new mail is added to
    the box?

    That's about all I can think of.

    Anyone worked with this? Anyone just moved to another web mail? From
    the info I've looked at people (and ow themselves) seem to think that
    openwebmail isn't slow compared to other systems.

    Help appreciated,
    Jasper

    Jasper, May 20, 2004

  2. Jasper

    J. Gleixner Guest

    Jasper wrote:
    > Hello, all,
    >
    > We're using openwebmail in work, and we're experiencing some speed
    > issues when it comes to mailboxes which are quite full.
    >
    > Is there any way to speed this up?
    >
    > For instance, the dbmopen() call presumably has to create the
    > databases in the first instance to get a fresh look at a mailbox. Can
    > this be moved to an external script, called when new mail is added to
    > the box?
    >
    > That's about all I can think of.
    >
    > Anyone worked with this? Anyone just moved to another web mail? From
    > the info I've looked at people (and ow themselves) seem to think that
    > openwebmail isn't slow compared to other systems.

    Simply reading through their web site shows:

    CONTACT

    If you encountered any problem with Open Webmail, please check
    changes.txt to see if the problem is fixed in the latest current
    version. If not, try the readme.txt and faq.txt.
    If you want to seek help, please post your problem in the
    openwebmail-users discussion forum.

    The forum is: http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=108433

    J. Gleixner, May 20, 2004