Opera minimum font size

dorayme

Helpful person said:
Am I correct that there is no way to code my web page to overwrite the
minimum font size that is set by Opera?

You mean override the users minimum font-size? Mine, for example is set
at 14px in Opera 10 in my preferences (they may be in somehing called
options on some machines). But you want some text to be smaller than
this. Perhaps for graphic effect; for example I can imagine it in a joke
where you are lampooning a lawyer's cunning clauses. Perhaps in this
situation, make a picture of text with a link to the html text if it is
important that they actually read it.

Helpful person

You mean override the users minimum font-size? Mine, for example is set
at 14px in Opera 10 in my preferences (they may be in somehing called
options on some machines). But you want some text to be smaller than
this. Perhaps for graphic effect; for example I can imagine it in a joke
where you are lampooning a lawyer's cunning clauses. Perhaps in this
situation, make a picture of text with a link to the html text if it is
important that they actually read it.

My application needs the text. I have large block links and am using
the text to improve my position for search engines. I think it
helps. Unfortunately if the user sets a minimum font size that is too
small the web formating looks poor. (Looks good in IE, what a
wonderful browser!) Other options I might try is to find a font that
is widely supported but is smaller than the font I am presently
using. Any sugestions?

www.richardfisher.com