  1. Am I correct that there is no way to code my web page to overwrite the
    minimum font size that is set by Opera?

    www.richardfisher.com
    Helpful person, Nov 6, 2009

  2. Helpful person

    rf Guest

    "Helpful person" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Am I correct that there is no way to code my web page to overwrite the
    > minimum font size that is set by Opera?

    There is no way to override anything.

    > www.richardfisher.com

    Ah, yes, I've seen this before. Hmmm.
    rf, Nov 6, 2009

  3. Helpful person

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Helpful person <> wrote:

    > Am I correct that there is no way to code my web page to overwrite the
    > minimum font size that is set by Opera?

    You mean override the users minimum font-size? Mine, for example is set
    at 14px in Opera 10 in my preferences (they may be in somehing called
    options on some machines). But you want some text to be smaller than
    this. Perhaps for graphic effect; for example I can imagine it in a joke
    where you are lampooning a lawyer's cunning clauses. Perhaps in this
    situation, make a picture of text with a link to the html text if it is
    important that they actually read it.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 6, 2009
  4. On Nov 6, 5:58 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >  Helpful person <> wrote:
    >
    > > Am I correct that there is no way to code my web page to overwrite the
    > > minimum font size that is set by Opera?

    > You mean override the users minimum font-size? Mine, for example is set
    > at 14px in Opera 10 in my preferences (they may be in somehing called
    > options on some machines). But you want some text to be smaller than
    > this. Perhaps for graphic effect; for example I can imagine it in a joke
    > where you are lampooning a lawyer's cunning clauses. Perhaps in this
    > situation, make a picture of text with a link to the html text if it is
    > important that they actually read it.
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    My application needs the text. I have large block links and am using
    the text to improve my position for search engines. I think it
    helps. Unfortunately if the user sets a minimum font size that is too
    small the web formating looks poor. (Looks good in IE, what a
    wonderful browser!) Other options I might try is to find a font that
    is widely supported but is smaller than the font I am presently
    using. Any sugestions?

    www.richardfisher.com
    Helpful person, Nov 6, 2009