    After fiddling with security settings and much searching for KB Articles as well as Googling newsgroups archives all to no avail, I finally discovered the resolution to this issue.

    From within Internet Explorer, under "Tools" and "Internet Options" and "General", run the "Delete Files" under the "Temporary Internet Files" section.

    For those of you who have ever experienced the Internet Explorer problem whereby "View" and "Source" does nothing, the above should resolve that issue as well.

    Cheers,

    TC

    TC, Jan 1, 2005

  2. TC

    madhouse Guest

    RE: "operation is not allowed when the object is closed" error when us

    I've just spent 14 hours trying to resolve same problem!
    Help uses compiled html and requires IE! If IE settings corrupt help don't
    work...clever!
    Just deleting internet temp files may not work. If in internet options you
    find you cannot change the cache size and/or the temp internet files folder
    is blank you will need to re-install IE6. Not easy as its embedded in Win XP!
    Only way to do this is:

    Win XP CD in drive
    run command : "SFC /scannow". This checks all files and settins against
    correct originals on cd. When done you will need to re-install updates of MS
    web site.

    Madhouse

    madhouse, Jan 12, 2005