    every postback.

    thanks
    tim
    Tim_Mac, Sep 28, 2006

  2. Hi Tim,

    Based on my understanding, your objective is to reduce the WebForm's output
    size by removing whitespaces in the html, right?

    I think you could use Response Filter [1] to do this.

    Please let me know if you want more information on this. Thank you.

    [1] HttpResponse.Filter Property (System.Web)
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.httpresponse.filter.aspx

    [2] Reduce The Size Of Your ASP.NET Output - The Code Project - ASP.NET
    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/WhitespaceFilter.asp

    [3] Removing White Chars from ASP.NET Output using Response.Filter property
    - The Code Project - ASP.NET
    http://www.codetools.com/aspnet/RemovingWhiteSpacesAspNet.asp

    [4] HOW TO: Archive the Results of a Dynamic Page to an HTML Page in
    ASP.NET by Using Visual C# .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810205

    [5] ASP.NET Resources - Producing XHTML-Compliant Pages With Response
    Filters
    http://www.aspnetresources.com/articles/HttpFilters.aspx

    Sincerely,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    promptly.

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Sep 29, 2006

  3. Tim_Mac

    Tim_Mac Guest

    hi Walter,
    that's extremely helpful. i wasn't aware of the Response Filter before now.
    thanks for the references also.

    cheers
    tim
    Tim_Mac, Sep 29, 2006