optimizing web page, using javascript and css

reetesh nigam

Hi all,
i want to optimise my web page, when i launced my web page, it take
4sec and only 1.7 sec take to get data and rest 2.3 sec to get java
script and css.
so can you tell me solution to reduce this time

Henry

Hi all,
i want to optimise my web page, when i launced my web page, it
take 4sec and only 1.7 sec take to get data and rest 2.3 sec
to get java script and css.
so can you tell me solution to reduce this time

Send less and it will take less time to load.

That may seem so self-evident that there was no point in saying it but
given the question what else could you expect. Given access to real
code it may be possible to suggest many ways in which its loading
performance could be improved.

SAM

Le 12/19/08 3:21 PM, reetesh nigam a écrit :
Hi all,
i want to optimise my web page, when i launced my web page, it take
4sec and only 1.7 sec take to get data and rest 2.3 sec to get java
script and css.

With which type of connexion ? RTC? DSL? .... speeds ?
with what do you see this times ?

Safari's web-developer-tools ?
Firefox's extension FireBug ?
so can you tell me solution to reduce this time

html without table(s)
pure and correct html ?

Less or no JS and soft css ?
No more image (than eventually only those absolutely necessary) ?

The Natural Philosopher

Henry said:
Send less and it will take less time to load.

That may seem so self-evident that there was no point in saying it but
given the question what else could you expect. Given access to real
code it may be possible to suggest many ways in which its loading
performance could be improved.

If its not all images, compress it.

Otherwise its down to sane coding.