    DBA complains that it is leaving connections open, & the number of
    connections open keeps on increasing.

    Any help on this appreciated

    =?Utf-8?B?TiBTIFM=?=, Jun 9, 2005

  2. N S S wrote:
    > I am using Microsoft .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle inside ASP.NET.
    >
    > DBA complains that it is leaving connections open, & the number of
    > connections open keeps on increasing.
    >
    > Any help on this appreciated

    Hmmm, I thought pooling was supposed to be on by default....have you
    tried setting the pooling parameters and see what happens, particularly
    the connection timeout?

    http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=560&pId=4

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    Craig Deelsnyder, Jun 10, 2005

  3. already tried various option including the one that you have mentioned, the
    problem still remains

    =?Utf-8?B?TiBTIFM=?=, Jun 10, 2005
  4. N S S,

    Did you ever figure this one out? I am having a similar issue.

    --
    Thanx,
    Grigs

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JpZ3M=?=, Aug 15, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TiBTIFM=?=

    Brock Allen Guest

    Make sure you also call Close/Dispose on the Command objects as well for
    Oracle -- if not, they'll leak.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Aug 15, 2005
  6. HI, this problem is identify by microsoft

    Read these 2 articles they talk about this problem and how to fix it

    http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_896501.aspx
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=330126

    =?Utf-8?B?R0M=?=, Aug 30, 2005