Oracle Connections left open

Guest

I am using Microsoft .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle inside ASP.NET.

DBA complains that it is leaving connections open, & the number of
connections open keeps on increasing.

Any help on this appreciated

Craig Deelsnyder

N said:
I am using Microsoft .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle inside ASP.NET.

DBA complains that it is leaving connections open, & the number of
connections open keeps on increasing.

Any help on this appreciated

Hmmm, I thought pooling was supposed to be on by default....have you
tried setting the pooling parameters and see what happens, particularly
the connection timeout?

http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=560&pId=4

Guest

already tried various option including the one that you have mentioned, the
problem still remains

Brock Allen

Make sure you also call Close/Dispose on the Command objects as well for
Oracle -- if not, they'll leak.