Oreilly upload and java bean

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lalit, May 20, 2004.

  1. Lalit

    Lalit Guest

    Hi,

    I am running tomcat 5 and have a form as jsp page.

    That form has lots of fields and am using oreilly's Multiparser class
    to upload a file from that form. For uploading the enctype should be
    multipart/form-data and it works fine.

    Now in the form I wanted to add a bean which will validate the form
    before processing it. I want validation to be done on server side. I
    am submitting the form to itself and then calling a bean. The bean
    does not run as it should be. The jsp:setProperty tag does not set the
    property. After a little testing I found that if I remove enctype it
    works fine. So the bottom line is javabean getters and setters methods
    do not work if the form has encoding type multipart/form-data.

    Is their a way to set encoding type back to multipart/form-data after
    I have done validation from the bean of the form and forwarding the
    request to a class which actually upload file?

    Thanks,
    Lalit

    Lalit, May 20, 2004