OT: Binary tree logarithms properties

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mr.SpOOn, Dec 17, 2008.

  1. Mr.SpOOn

    Mr.SpOOn Guest

    Hi,
    I'm searching for a clear explanation of binary tree properties,
    expecially the ones related to logarithms.

    For example, I know that in a tree with 2n-1 nodes, we have log(n)
    levels, from 0 to log(n).
    So, if k is the level, the nodes on a level have indexes between 2^k
    and 2^(k+1)-1.

    For k=0 we have 2 and 3.
    For k=1 we have 4, 5, 6, 7
    and so on.

    I know this after I studied some exercises on my book. Anyway there is
    no explanation or demonstration of these properties.

    I know this is not the better place to ask (or maybe it is?), but
    maybe someone can point me to something useful.

    Thanks,
    bye
    Mr.SpOOn, Dec 17, 2008