OT: dlopen source

Gernot Frisch

Hi,

I want to use the dlopen function for a linux system. I want to
include the source of this function, because (assume) I cannot link
any .o objects.

--
-Gernot
int main(int argc, char** argv) {printf

Looking for a good game? Do it yourself!
GLBasic - you can do
www.GLBasic.com

Thomas Matthews

Gernot said:
Hi,

I want to use the dlopen function for a linux system. I want to
include the source of this function, because (assume) I cannot link
any .o objects.

Have you tried asking in a Linux or GNU newsgroup?

Why can't you link any object files?
Most programming environments consist of compiling many small
source files to object files, then linking them together.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Andrew Au \(Newsgroup\)

Thomas Matthews said:
Have you tried asking in a Linux or GNU newsgroup?

Why can't you link any object files?
Most programming environments consist of compiling many small
source files to object files, then linking them together.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:
I wonder his problem is unique that he must have the source of that
function, but, hey, linux is open source, you can search for the source of
the function.
But beware, if you need the function compiled, you must include the sources
of all its dependencies as well coz he can't consider linking, that will be
terrible.

Gernot Frisch

OK. I narrowed it down. I've got a x-compiler cygwin host, linux
target. Now I must compile a huge project with it using SDL, Xfree and
Sound and stuff.
I could get a copy of all these .a files from my linux box, but the
gcc version differs to my x-compiler's gcc version. I already thought
about using a .so file, but I have a C++ string class that must be
useable as an argument in both, main program and shared object.
Any advice?
-Gernot