OT Firefox issues revisited

Discussion in 'HTML' started by William Gill, Oct 19, 2011.

  1. William Gill

    William Gill Guest

    I have posted re FF display issues before and the usual reply is "show
    me." Well http://www.homedepot.com/ seems to display properly in all my
    browsers but FF 7.0.1 (Win XP, Visa, 7).

    I have disabled all add-ons and extensions, it's still a mess, but
    disabling Javascript seems to resolve the issue.

    Does this page display properly (note the search box) for anyone else?
    William Gill, Oct 19, 2011
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. William Gill wrote:
    > I have posted re FF display issues before and the usual reply is "show
    > me." Well http://www.homedepot.com/ seems to display properly in all my
    > browsers but FF 7.0.1 (Win XP, Visa, 7).
    >
    > I have disabled all add-ons and extensions, it's still a mess, but
    > disabling Javascript seems to resolve the issue.
    >
    > Does this page display properly (note the search box) for anyone else?
    >
    >


    And how does it not "display properly"? Looks the same as SM and IE9.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 19, 2011
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. William Gill

    William Gill Guest

    On 10/19/2011 2:55 PM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > William Gill wrote:
    >> I have posted re FF display issues before and the usual reply is "show
    >> me." Well http://www.homedepot.com/ seems to display properly in all my
    >> browsers but FF 7.0.1 (Win XP, Visa, 7).
    >>
    >> I have disabled all add-ons and extensions, it's still a mess, but
    >> disabling Javascript seems to resolve the issue.
    >>
    >> Does this page display properly (note the search box) for anyone else?
    >>
    >>

    >
    > And how does it not "display properly"? Looks the same as SM and IE9.
    >

    I may be wrong, but I don't think the horizontal menu "Store Finder |
    For Pros | Get It Installed | Tool Rental | Credit Center | Savings
    Center | Project How-To" is supposed to be superimposed over the drop
    down list and input for the search function, as they are in FF, but not
    in anything else (Opera, Chrome, Safari, SeaMonkey, and even MSIE).

    It does seem to have something to do with JavaScript, because it
    displays properly in FF when JavaScript is disabled. What's curious is
    only FF JavaScript seems to be the problem.
    William Gill, Oct 19, 2011
    #3
  4. William Gill wrote:
    > On 10/19/2011 2:55 PM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >> William Gill wrote:


    >> And how does it not "display properly"? Looks the same as SM and IE9.
    >>

    > I may be wrong, but I don't think the horizontal menu "Store Finder |
    > For Pros | Get It Installed | Tool Rental | Credit Center | Savings
    > Center | Project How-To" is supposed to be superimposed over the drop
    > down list and input for the search function, as they are in FF, but not
    > in anything else (Opera, Chrome, Safari, SeaMonkey, and even MSIE).
    >
    > It does seem to have something to do with JavaScript, because it
    > displays properly in FF when JavaScript is disabled. What's curious is
    > only FF JavaScript seems to be the problem.
    >
    >


    Firefox 7.0.1 JavaScript enabled Windows 7 64-bit SP1

    <http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/ff7.0.1-homedepot.jpg>

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 19, 2011
    #4
  5. William Gill

    William Gill Guest

    On 10/19/2011 6:32 PM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Firefox 7.0.1 JavaScript enabled Windows 7 64-bit SP1
    >
    > <http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/ff7.0.1-homedepot.jpg>
    >


    I have the problem on several computers running 7.0.1 (XP, Vista,
    Windows 7), but they all have similar add-ons.

    Another system (running Vista) was running 3.x w/o any add-ons. I
    upgraded to 7.0.1, and don't have the problem. That means it's one of
    the add-ons, and simply disabling them is unhelpful for troubleshooting.

    I guess I will have to remove them one at a time, then experiment with
    which I can reinstall w/o issue.

    It would be nice to be able to print a list to work from (short term
    memory issues), but ironically the add-on that does that isn't
    compatible w/7.0.1. Winder if that info is available via a FF xml doc
    of some kind.

    Thanks Jonathan.
    William Gill, Oct 20, 2011
    #5
  6. William Gill

    William Gill Guest

    On 10/20/2011 1:35 PM, William Gill wrote:
    > On 10/19/2011 6:32 PM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> Firefox 7.0.1 JavaScript enabled Windows 7 64-bit SP1
    >>
    >> <http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/ff7.0.1-homedepot.jpg>
    >>

    >
    > I have the problem on several computers running 7.0.1 (XP, Vista,
    > Windows 7), but they all have similar add-ons.
    >
    > Another system (running Vista) was running 3.x w/o any add-ons. I
    > upgraded to 7.0.1, and don't have the problem. That means it's one of
    > the add-ons, and simply disabling them is unhelpful for troubleshooting.
    >
    > I guess I will have to remove them one at a time, then experiment with
    > which I can reinstall w/o issue.
    >
    > It would be nice to be able to print a list to work from (short term
    > memory issues), but ironically the add-on that does that isn't
    > compatible w/7.0.1. Winder if that info is available via a FF xml doc of
    > some kind.
    >
    > Thanks Jonathan.


    None of that helped. Even started in "safe mode" and still no help. I
    may have to uninstall and reinstall FF, but wonder if there is a way to
    save passwords etc.
    William Gill, Oct 20, 2011
    #6
  7. William Gill wrote:

    >
    > None of that helped. Even started in "safe mode" and still no help. I
    > may have to uninstall and reinstall FF, but wonder if there is a way to
    > save passwords etc.
    >



    <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles>

    Or you could use the Sync and use the cloud

    Or an extension like this

    <http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/internet/firefox/backup-and-restore-firefox-passwords-list/>

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 20, 2011
    #7
  8. William Gill

    William Gill Guest

    On 10/20/2011 3:02 PM, William Gill wrote:
    > None of that helped. Even started in "safe mode" and still no help. I
    > may have to uninstall and reinstall FF, but wonder if there is a way to
    > save passwords etc.
    >


    Clean reinstall did the trick. Was able to recover bookmarks and
    passwords. Now I need to carefully re-add the tools I need.
    William Gill, Oct 20, 2011
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Boban Dragojlovic

    Dynamic Buttons and Event Handlers, revisited

    Boban Dragojlovic, Jun 24, 2003, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,872
    Boban Dragojlovic
    Jun 24, 2003
  2. Brian W
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    2,919
    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]
    Jul 4, 2003
  3. B Wagner
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    337
    B Wagner
    Aug 18, 2003
  4. Wes Weems

    Excel as a datasource revisited...

    Wes Weems, Dec 3, 2003, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    331
    Wes Weems
    Dec 3, 2003
  5. Weston Weems
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,671
    Greg Burns
    Sep 29, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page