OT: I am confused. use LINQ or sprocs etc to fetch data in a web page

Martin

Hi!

First of all, sorry if this is the incorrect NG for this question.

I have just begun to develop web applications.

I have also upgraded to Studio 2008 using c#

Now i have tried several examples using the new LINQ.

But i am getting a bit comfused. What to use? LINQ, Stored Procedures,
Functions etc to fetch
data from the tables?

What i am going to do in this project is to build a order module for the
internet.

Any advice suggestions...

Regards
Martin

gh

Martin said:
Hi!

First of all, sorry if this is the incorrect NG for this question.

I have just begun to develop web applications.

I have also upgraded to Studio 2008 using c#

Now i have tried several examples using the new LINQ.

But i am getting a bit comfused. What to use? LINQ, Stored Procedures,
Functions etc to fetch
data from the tables?

What i am going to do in this project is to build a order module for the
internet.

Any advice suggestions...

Regards
Martin
Martin:

There is another product Enterprise Core Objects(ECO) that I have been
using. It has cut my development time by 50 to 60 %. There is a
learning curve, but once you get past that it is worth it. You can get
a trial version with some examples at http://www.capableobjects.com

Anthony Jones

Martin said:
Hi!

First of all, sorry if this is the incorrect NG for this question.

I have just begun to develop web applications.

I have also upgraded to Studio 2008 using c#

Now i have tried several examples using the new LINQ.

But i am getting a bit comfused. What to use? LINQ, Stored Procedures,
Functions etc to fetch
data from the tables?

What i am going to do in this project is to build a order module for the
internet.

Any advice suggestions...

Use LINQ. Learn as much as you can about contexts and how LINQ works. It
is version 1.0 so there will be some problems but it will improve in time.
Also this is coming:-

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/bb386964.aspx

Which will become the defacto way to access SQL databases and other
structured data resources.