    etc.
    Have you ever met something like that ?

    Thanks for help
    Hollow Quincy, Feb 8, 2011

  2. Hollow Quincy

    Lew Guest

    Hollow Quincy wrote:
    > I'm looking for an aplication / dictionary that would find other forms
    > of the word in english.
    > E.g. I would give word "love" it will returns loved, loving, lovely
    > etc.
    > Have you ever met something like that ?
    >
    > Thanks for help

    DO NOT MULTIPOST!

    --
    Lew
    Ceci n'est pas une fenêtre.
    Lew, Feb 9, 2011

  3. Hollow Quincy

    Lew Guest

    Hollow Quincy wrote:
    >> I'm looking for an aplication / dictionary that would find other forms
    >> of the word in english.
    >> E.g. I would give word "love" it will returns loved, loving, lovely
    >> etc.
    >> Have you ever met something like that ?

    Wikipedia (thanks, Google!) has an article on the subject,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stemming
    which provides a good jumping-off point for both the theory and a few
    candidate applications.
    http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~eibe/stemmers/index.html
    http://www.tartarus.org/~martin/PorterStemmer/index.html
    ==> http://tartarus.org/~martin/PorterStemmer/java.txt
    (influenced by Brian Goetz, whose suggestions were incorporated)
    http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/research/stemming/index.htm
    etc.

    Warning: the Java code at the Porter site is mildly non-conformant with Java
    coding conventionss, and won't like multi-char code points. The former won't
    affect its utility, and the latter is a relatively minor restriction that you
    could overcome yourself if need be.

    --
    Lew
    Ceci n'est pas une fenêtre.