[OT]: PiCloud - really cool!

Discussion in 'Python' started by James Mills, May 5, 2011.

  1. James Mills

    James Mills Guest

    If anyone hasn't seen this yet, I encourage you to!
    (I stumbled upon it with some random thoughts and Gooogling)

    http://www.picloud.com/

    Here's a quick test I wrote up that works locally using the simulator
    and live (I did run it live):

    #!/usr/bin/env python

    import cloud

    def fib(n):
    a, b, = 1, 1
    while n > 1:
    a, b = b, a + b
    n -= 1
    return b

    #cloud.start_simulator()

    jobs = cloud.map(fib, range(100))

    print [cloud.result(job) for job in jobs]

    Enjoy! :)

    cheers
    James

    --
    -- James Mills
    James Mills, May 5, 2011

  2. Re: : PiCloud - really cool!

    On May 4, 8:13 pm, James Mills <> wrote:
    > If anyone hasn't seen this yet, I encourage you to!
    > (I stumbled upon it with some random thoughts and Gooogling)
    >
    > http://www.picloud.com/
    >
    > Here's a quick test I wrote up that works locally using the simulator
    > and live (I did run it live):
    >
    > #!/usr/bin/env python
    >
    > import cloud
    >
    > def fib(n):
    >     a, b, = 1, 1
    >     while n > 1:
    >         a, b = b, a + b
    >         n -= 1
    >     return b
    >
    > #cloud.start_simulator()
    >
    > jobs = cloud.map(fib, range(100))
    >
    > print [cloud.result(job) for job in jobs]
    >
    > Enjoy! :)
    >
    > cheers
    > James
    >
    > --
    > -- James Mills
    > --
    > -- "Problems are solved by method"

    It looks interesting but unfortunately is not free software :(
    Asdrúbal Iván Suárez Rivera, May 5, 2011