OT: Rubik's Cube

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by John Kelly, Aug 16, 2010.

  1. John Kelly

    John Kelly Guest

    "Every solver of the Cube uses an algorithm, which is a sequence of
    steps for solving the Cube," said the team of mathematicians, who
    include Morley Davidson of Ohio's Kent State University, Google engineer
    John Dethridge, German math teacher Herbert Kociemba and Tomas Rokicki,
    a California programmer.

    "There are many different algorithms, varying in complexity and number
    of moves required, but those that can be memorized by a mortal typically
    require more than forty moves."

    One may suppose God would use a much more efficient algorithm, one that
    always uses the shortest sequence of moves; this is known as God's
    Algorithm. The number of moves this algorithm would take in the worst
    case is called God's Number. At long last, God's Number has been shown
    to be 20."

    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hVw0etMLvSSsBt2NZcg7TSEItQTQ

    I wonder if they wrote it in C.

    --
    Web mail, POP3, and SMTP
    http://www.beewyz.com/freeaccounts.php
    John Kelly, Aug 16, 2010

    More likely, it was written in Go. [<http://golang.org/>]

    --
    Peter
    Peter Nilsson, Aug 17, 2010

  3. John Kelly

    John Kelly Guest

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:28:38 -0700 (PDT), Peter Nilsson
    <> wrote:

    >On Aug 16, 9:35 am, John Kelly <> wrote:
    >> [Re God's Number for the Rubik's Cube]
    >>
    >> I wonder if they wrote it in C.

    >More likely, it was written in Go. [<http://golang.org/>]

    Google Go. Uh-oh. World domination scares me.

    John Kelly, Aug 17, 2010