Out of memory error

Eric

Hi,

On my ASP.NET page I have a menu build out of linkbuttons, 2 images and some
text.

I can refresh the page over and over again via the refresh in the submenu
when I right click on the main page.

The Home link button does: response.redirect("~\default.aspx",true)

If I click on the home button of the page, every some time I get the
following error:

[OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.]
System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean
useEmbeddedColorManagement) +388176
System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename) +6
DefaultClass.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\Users\eervawo\Documents\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\FieldOperationsPortal\Default.aspx.vb:197
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

I only use the image.fromfile 2 times to access the image size, right after
that I put the variable on nothing.

What is causing this error to come up?

Bob Barrows

Eric said:
Hi,

On my ASP.NET page I have a menu build out of linkbuttons, 2 images
and some text.
recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest
[OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.]
What is causing this error to come up?

It sounds to me as if you are out of memory ....

sorry, I couldn't resist. I've never run into this so I have no sloution. It
appears you have some sort of memory leak, but beyond that, I have no ideas.