out of memory

friend.05

I am dealing with large data.

I am creating one hash table for my data.

But when I try to access the value in hash table it is giving me out
of memory.

can anyone suggest what can be problem and how can I slove it.

Jürgen Exner

I am dealing with large data.

I am creating one hash table for my data.

But when I try to access the value in hash table it is giving me out
of memory.

can anyone suggest what can be problem and how can I slove it.

Problem: Your program is using more memory than ulimit allows.
Solution: either reduce the memory footprint of your program or increase
your ulimit.

There is also the off-chance that you found a bug in Perl, but you will
need very strong evidence to support that theory.

jue

friend.05

Problem: Your program is using more memory than ulimit allows.
Solution: either reduce the memory footprint of your program or increase
your ulimit.

There is also the off-chance that you found a bug in Perl, but you will
need very strong evidence to support that theory.

jue

but when I am creating tht hash table there is no error.

it gives error when I try to access tht hash array.

friend.05

Problem: Your program is using more memory than ulimit allows.
Solution: either reduce the memory footprint of your program or increase
your ulimit.

There is also the off-chance that you found a bug in Perl, but you will
need very strong evidence to support that theory.

jue

I am using fork and processing the data simultanously. I also ouput
file for each process.

So my final result is combination of these files. In end try to read
files and create hash table and then use tht hash for final output.
here it is giving me out of memory error.

but if write another script for reading those different files which
were created my child processes in my previous script and create hash.
so if separate script for final oupput file it is not giving me error.

derykus

I am dealing with large data.

I am creating one hash table for my data.

But when I try to access the value in hash table it is giving me out
of memory.

can anyone suggest what can be problem and how can I slove it.

You could try a DBM to reduce memory footprint, eg. DB_File,
DBM::Deep, etc.

Ted Zlatanov

f0c> but when I am creating tht hash table there is no error.

f0c> it gives error when I try to access tht hash array.

It's like the old story (copied someone else's version, too lazy to tell
it properly)

Moshe prays and prays to Hashem to win the lottery...week after
week....he tell Hashem how he will help the poor...another week he tells
Hashem he will build a new Shul...another week he tells Hashem he will
build a new school...this goes on week after week...yet nothing happens.

Moshe gets so frustrated that he cries to Hashem "Why won't you answer
my prayers? All I want to do is good things and make Kiddush Hashem"

The clouds part and a booming voice comes from the Shamayim.....

"Moshe....

.......meet me halfway.....

.......BUY A TICKET"

So friend.05 / hirenshah.05, meet us halfway...SHOW YOUR SOURCE CODE.

Ted