    of memory.

    can anyone suggest what can be problem and how can I slove it.
    , Apr 15, 2009

  2. "" <> wrote:
    >I am dealing with large data.
    >
    >I am creating one hash table for my data.
    >
    >But when I try to access the value in hash table it is giving me out
    >of memory.
    >
    >can anyone suggest what can be problem and how can I slove it.

    Problem: Your program is using more memory than ulimit allows.
    Solution: either reduce the memory footprint of your program or increase
    your ulimit.

    There is also the off-chance that you found a bug in Perl, but you will
    need very strong evidence to support that theory.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Apr 15, 2009

    On Apr 15, 11:46 am, Jürgen Exner <> wrote:
    > "" <> wrote:
    > >I am dealing with large data.

    > >I am creating one hash table for my data.

    > >But when I try to access the value in hash table it is giving me out
    > >of memory.

    > >can anyone suggest what can be problem and how can I slove it.

    > Problem: Your program is using more memory than ulimit allows.
    > Solution: either reduce the memory footprint of your program or increase
    > your ulimit.
    >
    > There is also the off-chance that you found a bug in Perl, but you will
    > need very strong evidence to support that theory.
    >
    > jue

    but when I am creating tht hash table there is no error.

    it gives error when I try to access tht hash array.
    , Apr 15, 2009

    On Apr 15, 11:46 am, Jürgen Exner <> wrote:
    > "" <> wrote:
    > >I am dealing with large data.

    > >I am creating one hash table for my data.

    > >But when I try to access the value in hash table it is giving me out
    > >of memory.

    > >can anyone suggest what can be problem and how can I slove it.

    > Problem: Your program is using more memory than ulimit allows.
    > Solution: either reduce the memory footprint of your program or increase
    > your ulimit.
    >
    > There is also the off-chance that you found a bug in Perl, but you will
    > need very strong evidence to support that theory.
    >
    > jue

    I am using fork and processing the data simultanously. I also ouput
    file for each process.

    So my final result is combination of these files. In end try to read
    files and create hash table and then use tht hash for final output.
    here it is giving me out of memory error.

    but if write another script for reading those different files which
    were created my child processes in my previous script and create hash.
    so if separate script for final oupput file it is not giving me error.
    , Apr 15, 2009

    On Apr 15, 8:10 am, "" <>
    wrote:
    > I am dealing with large data.
    >
    > I am creating one hash table for my data.
    >
    > But when I try to access the value in hash table it is giving me out
    > of memory.
    >
    > can anyone suggest what can be problem and how can I slove it.

    You could try a DBM to reduce memory footprint, eg. DB_File,
    DBM::Deep, etc.

    --
    Charles DeRykus
    , Apr 15, 2009
  6. Ted Zlatanov Guest

    On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:00:49 -0700 (PDT) "" <> wrote:

    f0c> but when I am creating tht hash table there is no error.

    f0c> it gives error when I try to access tht hash array.

    It's like the old story (copied someone else's version, too lazy to tell
    it properly)

    Moshe prays and prays to Hashem to win the lottery...week after
    week....he tell Hashem how he will help the poor...another week he tells
    Hashem he will build a new Shul...another week he tells Hashem he will
    build a new school...this goes on week after week...yet nothing happens.

    Moshe gets so frustrated that he cries to Hashem "Why won't you answer
    my prayers? All I want to do is good things and make Kiddush Hashem"

    The clouds part and a booming voice comes from the Shamayim.....

    "Moshe....

    .......meet me halfway.....

    .......BUY A TICKET"

    So friend.05 / hirenshah.05, meet us halfway...SHOW YOUR SOURCE CODE.

    Ted
    Ted Zlatanov, Apr 15, 2009