Outlook Express tampers with html coding?

Richard

See my posts in alt.binaries.html.
Viewing the source code, OE seems to add "3d" to certain items.

<STYLE type=3Dtext/css>
<DIV class=3Dleft>hello</DIV>

The division name is "left" as defined in the style section.
Is this normal for OE or what? Never seen this before.

Philip Ronan

Richard said:
See my posts in alt.binaries.html.
Viewing the source code, OE seems to add "3d" to certain items.

<STYLE type=3Dtext/css>
<DIV class=3Dleft>hello</DIV>

The division name is "left" as defined in the style section.
Is this normal for OE or what? Never seen this before.

It's called "quoted-printable" encoding. Don't worry about it; there's
nothing wrong.

Steve Pugh

See my posts in alt.binaries.html.
Viewing the source code, OE seems to add "3d" to certain items.

<STYLE type=3Dtext/css>
<DIV class=3Dleft>hello</DIV>

The division name is "left" as defined in the style section.
Is this normal for OE or what? Never seen this before.

Looks like you've got OE set to use Quoted Printable encoding.
See RFC 2045

Steve

Richard

in message
Looks like you've got OE set to use Quoted Printable encoding.
See RFC 2045

Steve

I checked some stuff in the stationery groups and it seems this is normal.
So I'm not gonna worry about it.