    Could some one point out what I am doing wrong.

    Thanks

    Charles Zhang

    Charles Zhang, Oct 13, 2006

  2. Hi Charles,

    When a control is not added to another control's Controls collection, the
    Parent property is null. Also, the Page property is implemented as:

    public virtual Page get_Page()
    {
    if ((this._page == null) && (this.Parent != null))
    {
    this._page = this.Parent.Page;
    }
    return this._page;
    }

    So for your question, this depends on where and when you access the Parent
    and Page property. Normally when your control has been added to the Page's
    control tree, the Parent and Page property can be used.

    Sincerely,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    promptly.