    SelectedIndexChanged, RowCommand where the click is handled?

    TIA
    Iordanis
    Savvoulidis Iordanis, Sep 24, 2008

  2. Savvoulidis Iordanis

    Niraj Ranka Guest

    Can you please clear you question more..?

    Niraj Ranka, Sep 24, 2008

  3. I'm developing a sporting bet system, so players can send their betting slips
    on some events (usually worldwide soccer events). The available events to bet
    on, span a 3day period. But most bets are sent as the events are about to
    start or maybe half an hour earlier. So, when an event has started, it should
    go off the list, so noone else can select it. This means that the event list,
    although dynamic, is pretty static at first and then it should appear as
    dynamic as possible.

    How should I deal with the data refreshing? Should I use .IsPostback in
    Page_Load or not? Should I rebind ALL my gridviews only once in the Page_Load
    event, or in every other gridview event like SelectedIndexChanged,
    RowCommand, RowUpdating, etc ? Also, should I use RowCommand (using the
    commandname="select") or the SelectedIndexChanged event? There is also a bit
    of confusion here. Which of the above events fires first anyway? That's why I
    need to know the page event sequence.

    Also, I was thinking if it would be better to read the data from a XML file
    (no READ database hits) which the AdminUser creates for the players to see.
    This file would be recreated every time something changes (like if an event
    has started, or a betting odd has changed). Is it a better scenario for my
    case? Should I use caching of that XML data and how?

    Uphhh... I know I've set so many questions that need answers...but that's
    the kind of cloud inside my mind right now. I always want to follow best
    practices from the beginning, that's why I like to study a lot before
    starting off. Any help is appreciated.

    TIA
    Savvoulidis Iordanis, Sep 25, 2008