page format lost when linking a style sheet

chitrasai

Hi

Could someone tell me why the page looses its format after i link an
external stylesheet? If you see below i have an external stylesheet.
When i do this the table structure is totally lost and instead it looks
to have widenened. when i remove the link tag the original format is
restored.

Please help.

Thanks

-cs

<head>
<LINK media="all" href="Style/Logo.css" type="text/css"
rel="stylesheet">
<head>

<form>
TABLE id="Table1" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="300"
align="left" border="0" height="0">
<TR>
<TD height="22">
<asp:label id="Label1" runat="server" Height="14px"
Font-Size="XX-Small" Font-Names="Arial"
Width="66px">CostCenter</asp:label></P>
</TD>
<TD height="22">
<asp:textbox id="txtSearch1" runat="server" Height="28px"
Font-Size="XX-Small" Font-Names="Arial"
Width="158px"></asp:textbox></TD>
</TR>

</form>

Guest

cs,

The simple answer to that is to inspect the stylesheet to see what elements
it has that are modifying your table layout.

Since you didn't provide the stylesheet's contents, we can only guess.

You can try selectively commenting out certain css declarations to find
which one is the offender.

Peter