Page LifeCycle kinda complex

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Weston Weems, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. Weston Weems

    Weston Weems Guest

    I've got a tab like interface I've implemented, each tabpage
    representing data on a particular object.

    Basically what I'd like to do is load up data on the selected item,
    then when I click on a diff item in the listbox, save current data on
    the tab page, and load data from the new record.

    Seems to me like I am having a problem with the events...

    I have the following methods being fired in the following events

    In Form_Load (if is postback, save())

    In Pre_Render(Databind)

    but basing saves on the selected index... I am having a problem
    capturing the correct index (my guess is because the listbox data
    changes, however the event is only fired after pageload.

    Any recommendations on best practices would be greatly appreciated.

    please cc a copy to my email address, I have somewhat limited internet
    access

    WEs

    Weston Weems, Aug 10, 2004