page load question

Mike

On my web form, I have an panel for the top portion that shows a table, drop
downs, buttons, etc. on the bottom of the page I have an panel that shows
the results on a grid. When the user calls the site for the first time, I
want to populate the grid, so my question is, how can I load my page and
show my top panel to the user while my grid is loading with data? I don't
want the user to see a blank page while the grid is loading on the first
page load, I want them to see the top table and a processing gif (or
something) to let them know that the grid is loading with data.

bruce barker

render the page with a blank grid. then use ajax to fetch the grid while
displaying some cool image.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Lars

Mike said:
On my web form, I have an panel for the top portion that shows a table,
drop downs, buttons, etc. on the bottom of the page I have an panel that
shows the results on a grid. When the user calls the site for the first
time, I want to populate the grid, so my question is, how can I load my
page and show my top panel to the user while my grid is loading with data?
I don't want the user to see a blank page while the grid is loading on the
first page load, I want them to see the top table and a processing gif (or
something) to let them know that the grid is loading with data.

Could a master page be the thing to use for you?

For example, I have a menu that is dosplayed on every page. Therefor I have
one Master page that includes the menu and in the master page I pur my ASPX
page.

1)
Add a master page to your project. Add a menu or your Drop Down List (DDL)
at the top before the ContentHoplder that holds the subpages.

2)
Ass a new "Web Form" to your project and select inside "Master Page" and
select the master page you created. Do this for all your pages and all pages
includes your DDL. Add stype sheets or whatever to the master page andget
the same look on all pages.

Lars

Mike

Its only one page, the user isn't navigating around, its one page with
several drop downs on top of the page and a grid below the drop downs.