Page Not Found (when it is there)

John Carnahan

A Lot of Page No Found(s) coming up on Brinkster when running asp.net. (or
any ISP for that matter)

Need some better way to recover from this problem. In a data driven app,
and the user has filled out a few screens of data, and then gets one of
these
"white screens of death" is kind of un-nerving. The only way I have found
to recover is to
have the user hit the page back button in IS, which is not very ellegant,
and is problematic at best.

Is there a better way to recover from this, or set some settings somewhere
(i.e. config files), that give longer timeouts or something, or at minimum,
little smiley face that blames it on an x-president or something? Kind of
like the Blue Screens of death always blamed it on the software developer.

1.)I assume this is because the IP's server is too busy to respond, and
something times out? Or what other things may cause this?
2.)Is there a better way to handle the recovery from this?
John