    view our html code
    Thanks a bunch!
    Roy

    Roy, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Roy wrote:
    > Does anyone know an html line that will do page protection. I am looking
    > to disable right clicking on a webpage so a user can't download an image
    > or view our html code

    Impossible.

    http://dorward.me.uk/www/hide/

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

    David Dorward, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Roy

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Does anyone know an html line that will do page protection. I am looking to
    > disable right clicking on a webpage so a user can't download an image or
    > view our html code
    > Thanks a bunch!

    <DISABLE action='RIGHT_CLICK'>

    The rest of your html goes here, and note you can also disable the Left
    mouse button by changing the RIGHT_CLICK to LEFT_CLICK

    </DISABLE>

    That should work on as many browsers as the javascript solutions will
    work on, and you don't need to know Javascript.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Jan 5, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Does anyone know an html line that will do page protection. I am looking to
    > > disable right clicking on a webpage so a user can't download an image or
    > > view our html code
    > > Thanks a bunch!

    > <DISABLE action='RIGHT_CLICK'>
    >
    > The rest of your html goes here, and note you can also disable the Left
    > mouse button by changing the RIGHT_CLICK to LEFT_CLICK
    >
    > </DISABLE>
    >
    > That should work on as many browsers as the javascript solutions will
    > work on, and you don't need to know Javascript.

    Note that this only works with the appropriate DTD.
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php?01
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php?02
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php?22
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php?39
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php?67

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 5, 2004
  5. Quoth the raven named Roy:

    > Hi All Does anyone know an html line that will do page protection.
    > I am looking to disable right clicking on a webpage so a user can't
    > download an image or view our html code Thanks a bunch! Roy

    Don't even bother. It's impossible to hide your code---unless of
    course you don't post it on the web.

    I was just interviewing with a potential client for a rewrite of an
    old site. It was originally done by some kid. Imagine how surprised
    the client was when I right-clicked on a page and up came this
    JavaScript dialog box:

    "Nice try!!!!! MUHAHAHA!!!!"

    Needless to say, the non-right-clicking client was *not* amused. (I
    think I will get the job.)

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 5, 2004
  6. Roy

    Richard Guest

    Roy wrote:

    > Hi All
    > Does anyone know an html line that will do page protection. I am looking
    > to disable right clicking on a webpage so a user can't download an image
    > or view our html code
    > Thanks a bunch!
    > Roy

    So how would that prevent me from saving your web page as a file?
    I already have it in my cache files, so what?
    Now that I have your web page as a file, open it in my html editor and do
    with as I please.
    Then what if I use a mac?

    With IE, I can save the page in a variety of ways.
    One way creates a folder with all your images in it.
    So who needs to right click?

    Oh and by the way, you don't tell me I can't use the right click because
    it's not your decision to make.
    If you want to protect your images, slap "copyright" across the image in
    some way it can't be edited out easily.
    Or your domain name.

    Richard, Jan 5, 2004
  7. Roy

    Roy Guest

    I try to go to your no right clicking link on your page but i am getting a
    404 file not found, could you post the correct link?
    Thanks!!
    Roy

    Roy, Jan 5, 2004
  8. In article <>, Roy says...
    > Hi All

    Hi Roy

    > Does anyone know an html line that will do page protection.

    Nope. Protection is done by .htaccess.

    > I am looking to disable right clicking

    Oh.

    > so a user can't download an image or view our html code

    It's a well known fact that the amount a webmaster wishes to stop people
    viewing his code is indirectly proportional to how much people will want
    to steal it.

    You can use Javascript for this, but don't. I paid a lot of money for
    this cool optical mouse, and I want to use all the buttons.

    Besides, nothing will stop people stealing your images/code if they want
    to. Google for "javascript right click disable" then add it to your
    page. Post the URL here and I'll post a few of your images on my server
    to show you how useless it is.

    > Thanks a bunch!

    No problem!

    Daniel Ruscoe
    http://www.dualstone.co.uk
    Web design in Bolton, Manchester

    Daniel Ruscoe, Jan 5, 2004
  9. Roy

    Whitecrest Guest

    Whitecrest, Jan 5, 2004
  10. In article <>,
    says...
    > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > > > In article <>,
    > > > says...

    > looking to

    > or
    > > >
    > > > <DISABLE action='RIGHT_CLICK'>
    > > >
    > > > The rest of your html goes here, and note you can also disable the Left
    > > > mouse button by changing the RIGHT_CLICK to LEFT_CLICK
    > > >
    > > > </DISABLE>
    > > >
    > > > That should work on as many browsers as the javascript solutions will
    > > > work on, and you don't need to know Javascript.

    > > Note that this only works with the appropriate DTD.
    > > http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php?01
    > > http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php?02
    > > http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php?22
    > > http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php?39
    > > http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php?67

    > I try to go to your no right clicking link on your page but i am getting a
    > 404 file not found, could you post the correct link?

    Here you go:
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/programming.php?grp=JavaScript&id=9

    I've updated the MFAQ, too. Thanks for the heads-up.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 5, 2004
  11. Hywel Jenkins, Jan 5, 2004
  12. "Roy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All

    Hello

    > Does anyone know an html line that will do page protection.

    No. No one does. It can't be done

    > I am looking to
    > disable right clicking on a webpage

    That's a bad idea.

    > so a user can't download an image or
    > view our html code

    That doesn't follow. Disabling right-clicking will not prevent those things,
    because nothing can.

    > Thanks a bunch!
    > Roy

    You're welcome.

    --
    Andrew Davidson

    Andrew Davidson, Jan 5, 2004
  13. Roy

    Guest

    On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:46:00 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Ruscoe
    <> wrote:
    >It's a well known fact that the amount a webmaster wishes to stop people
    >viewing his code is indirectly proportional to how much people will want

    I think you meant "inversely," and not "indirectly."

    >to steal it.

    , Jan 5, 2004
  14. Roy

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:33:11 -0800, "Roy" <> wrote:

    : Hi All
    : Does anyone know an html line that will do page protection. I am looking to
    : disable right clicking on a webpage so a user can't download an image or
    : view our html code
    : Thanks a bunch!

    You can hide the source in various ways:
    http://www.vortex-webdesign.com/help/hidesource.htm

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Jan 6, 2004
  15. In article <>,
    says...
    > On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:46:00 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Ruscoe
    > <> wrote:
    > >It's a well known fact that the amount a webmaster wishes to stop people
    > >viewing his code is indirectly proportional to how much people will want

    > I think you meant "inversely," and not "indirectly."

    Yes, thank you.

    I'm tired :p

    Daniel Ruscoe, Jan 6, 2004
  16. Roy

    rf Guest

    "Roy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    > Does anyone know an html line that will do page protection. I am looking

    > disable right clicking on a webpage so a user can't download an image or

    Don't forget to disable left click as well. That's the one I use to
    drag/drop images onto my image/html editor.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jan 6, 2004
  17. Roy

    Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 02:53:55 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:
    >"Roy" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi All
    >> Does anyone know an html line that will do page protection. I am looking

    >> disable right clicking on a webpage so a user can't download an image or

    >Don't forget to disable left click as well. That's the one I use to
    >drag/drop images onto my image/html editor.

    Also, don't forget to disable the keyboard. Otherwise the user can hit the
    Alt key, then hit the right arrow key a couple of times, and then hit the down
    arrow key a few times and then hit Enter to view the source.

    , Jan 6, 2004
  18. wrote:

    >On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 02:53:55 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>Don't forget to disable left click as well. That's the one I use to
    >>drag/drop images onto my image/html editor.

    >Also, don't forget to disable the keyboard. [...]

    And don't forget to prevent people using Opera and some other recent
    browsers from viewing your site, because these browsers simply ignore
    the attempt to capture mouse-events.

    Micha

    Michael Fesser, Jan 6, 2004
  19. Roy

    A Hess Guest

    Somewhere around 1/5/04 8:21 PM, typed wildly with
    reckless abandon:

    > On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 02:53:55 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Roy" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi All
    >>>Does anyone know an html line that will do page protection. I am looking

    >>>disable right clicking on a webpage so a user can't download an image or

    >>Don't forget to disable left click as well. That's the one I use to
    >>drag/drop images onto my image/html editor.

    > Also, don't forget to disable the keyboard. Otherwise the user can hit the
    > Alt key, then hit the right arrow key a couple of times, and then hit the down
    > arrow key a few times and then hit Enter to view the source.

    Oh, and don't forget to add that bit of code that deletes every .jpg,
    ..gif, and .html file on the users hard drive... just to be safe.

    --
    Murphy's Seventh Law: Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to
    worse.

    A Hess, Jan 6, 2004
  20. Roy

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Oh, and don't forget to add that bit of code that deletes every .jpg,
    > .gif, and .html file on the users hard drive... just to be safe.

    We are a condescending group arn't we....
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Jan 6, 2004