Page/window focus...

Rob R. Ainscough

I'm using .NET framework 2.0 with ASP.NET and VB.NET code behind.

What I want to accomplish:
User must accept an agreement (which is displayed in a separate IE Window)
before they can proceed with the current page.

User clicks on a checkbox on PageX (.aspx) which calls a uses JavaScript
(using ClientScript.RegisterStartup.Script) to open a new Window with PageY
(.aspx). User presses on a button on PageY (I accept) that closes that
window...

Here is where I'm stuck:

What I want to do is after the Window closes is to return to the PageX
calling window and refresh a control value on that window and then render
PageX again.

Is this possible?

Thanks, Rob.

Jeff Dillon

If you find out, let us know. I "don't think" it's possible, but we need to
do the same thing here.

Jeff

Rob R. Ainscough

So far I've found nothing -- Looked into PostBackUrl but that will not do
what I want.

I'm guessing timers are just not possible.

Winista

yes it is quite possible. if your page X is opening Y using javascript then
"opener" window is how you will access pageX from Y. Have a client side JS
functio on that page which does your refreshing etc. When user clicks on
button on page Y, call the client side JS function from there. And close Y.

http://www.netomatix.com

Rob R. Ainscough

I'm not familiar with "opener" window -- can you provide more details?

guessing something like:

document.form1.text1.value = window.opener.document.form1.text1.value

But how to I get the source PageX to re-render itself once PageY is closed?

Jeff Dillon

Yes, how?

Winista said:
yes it is quite possible. if your page X is opening Y using javascript
then "opener" window is how you will access pageX from Y. Have a client
side JS functio on that page which does your refreshing etc. When user
clicks on button on page Y, call the client side JS function from there.
And close Y.

http://www.netomatix.com

Jeff Dillon

I don't believe this is possible

Jeff

Winista said:
yes it is quite possible. if your page X is opening Y using javascript
then "opener" window is how you will access pageX from Y. Have a client
side JS functio on that page which does your refreshing etc. When user
clicks on button on page Y, call the client side JS function from there.
And close Y.

http://www.netomatix.com

Jeff Dillon

Spoke too soon, at least for my purpose. We just needed to refresh the
parent..

Response.Write "<script>window.opener.document.location = ' [server variable
goes here]';window.opener=null;window.close()</script>"