Page works with Firefox, not with IE ( Response.Redirect )

KBuser

I recently developed an internal website with various queries against
our SQL server. I added buttons with Response.Redirect. These buttons
do not work with Internet Explorer, however when using Firefox the page
works flawless. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

James Jardine

KBuser said:
I recently developed an internal website with various queries against
our SQL server. I added buttons with Response.Redirect. These buttons
do not work with Internet Explorer, however when using Firefox the page
works flawless. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

Can you post your Response.Redirect code.

KBuser

James said:
Can you post your Response.Redirect code.

protected void btnDVD2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

Response.Redirect("dvd.aspx?dvd=" + txtSearch.Text);

}

txtSearch is a text box.
the page this is on has a frame redirect...

<BASE href="/" target="Results">
</BASE>

Again, this all works prefectly well with Mozilla Firefox...

Guest

I am now experiencing the exact same problem. In my case, everything works
fine when the application is running in the Local Intranet Zone, but when it
is accessed in the Internet Zone, I get this behavior. Works great with
Firefox, but not with IE!

It seems that it will work with most of my relative URLs if I don't have any
URL-encoded parameters. I have found 2 cases so far where it does not work,
so I am not sure really what is going on. One would think something like this
would work with IE and NOT Firefox, but here is a case where it is the
opposite.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is this some IE security setting that needs to
be changed?

Thanks,
Pete