Page_Load on Source Page Firing on Cross-Page Postback

Jason Wilson

I have two pages that that cross post to each other:

Page1 has a form
Page2 verifies the form entries before posting to a DB

If the user sees problems with their entries they can click an Edit
button that will send them back to Page1.

When I click the edit button on page2 I get a runtime error as it tries
to evaluate the page2 Page_Load.

This happens the other way as well. The Page_Load for page1 runs when
posting to page2 and page.IsCrossPagePostBack = True in the page1
Page_Load Event Handler.

Any insight?