Palm::PDB problem

p cooper

back to this after a brief respite :
Im trying to get data from my Palm , eventually to MySQL

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use Palm::pDB;
use Palm::Raw;
use Data::Dumper;
Palm::pDB::RegisterPDBHandlers("Palm::Raw", "");
my $pdb = new Palm::pDB();
$pdb->Load("LOGBOOK.pdb");
my $array_ref = $pdb->{"records"};
#print Dumper($array_ref);
foreach $record ( @{ $array_ref})
{
#print $record;#$record is hash: #print %{$record};
$rec= $record->{'data'};
print $rec;
print "\n";
}
prints a string that seems to be values for fields ??concatenated together
Im stuck as to how to split the string.

the Palm::pDB page on CPAN also has reference to 'ParseRecord' but its not
clear to me how i cna use it in this setup