Palm::PDB problem

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by p cooper, May 14, 2005.

  1. p cooper

    p cooper Guest

    back to this after a brief respite :
    Im trying to get data from my Palm , eventually to MySQL

    #!/usr/bin/perl -w
    use Palm::pDB;
    use Palm::Raw;
    use Data::Dumper;
    Palm::pDB::RegisterPDBHandlers("Palm::Raw", "");
    my $pdb = new Palm::pDB();
    $pdb->Load("LOGBOOK.pdb");
    my $array_ref = $pdb->{"records"};
    #print Dumper($array_ref);
    foreach $record ( @{ $array_ref})
    {
    #print $record;#$record is hash: #print %{$record};
    $rec= $record->{'data'};
    print $rec;
    print "\n";
    }
    prints a string that seems to be values for fields ??concatenated together
    Im stuck as to how to split the string.

    the Palm::pDB page on CPAN also has reference to 'ParseRecord' but its not
    clear to me how i cna use it in this setup
    p cooper, May 14, 2005