Panel in dataGrid

simon

I have dataGrid with 8 columns.
If the user clicks on first column then I set dataGrid.visible=false and
show panel with data of the current item.
When user clicks the ok on the panel, the datat is updated, panel is hidden
and dataGrid is shown again.

When user clicks on the button for Insert th new item, then
dataGrid.visible0 false and panel is shown with empty text boxes.
User inserts the values and when clicks OK, the pannel is hidden and
daatGrid is populated again and visible.

Is it possible, when user clicks on the item, that panel with data for this
item is inserted in between the items.
So dataGrid.visible is still true only that the pannel push other items
downwards.

Something similar is <editItem> just that this edit item works only for
column and not for entire row.

Is it possible and some example?

Thank you,
Simon