panel inserted unwanted div tag

DC Gringo

I have a panel that's inserting and unwanted <div> tag around it ...how can
I disable that?

<ASP:pANEL ID="pnlCentralAmerica" RUNAT="server" >
<LI CLASS="rightSideBar">
<A HREF='/weather/?pageID=weatherDoc&amp;g=<% = centralAmericaGcId
%>' CLASS="secondNav">
<% = centralAmericaDate %><U>C Amer/Haiti</U>:<% =
centralAmericaOneliner %></A>
</li>
</ASP:pANEL>

Is outputting:

<LI CLASS="rightSideBar">
<A HREF='/weather/?pageID=weatherDoc&amp;g=0' CLASS="secondNav">

<U>C Amer/Haiti</U>:</A></li>

Alan Ferrandiz [MCT]

Well it is actually the correct behaviour of an ASP.NET control, every ASP.NET control is meant to render HTML code to the client browser, in the case of a panel it is rendered as a DIV tag...no browser knows what an <ASP:pANEL ... RUNAT="server"> tag is, they only understand HTML (apart from scripts and other objects with the help of plugins, but HTML mainly).

Hope this helps

Alan Ferrandiz Langley [MCT]