Parameter Problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by BCarnathan, Jun 28, 2004.

  1. BCarnathan

    BCarnathan Guest

    I recently changed my site from one-page-per-item to one dynamic page for
    all items. Of course, this means passing a parameter to the page. After
    making the change, I am getting a high number 404 errors for the images on
    the page.

    My item URL now looks like this:
    http://www.The-Digital-Picture.com/Pictures/Picture.aspx?Picture=2003-10-13_16-59-23
    (note: there is an underline between the 3 and the 1 = 3_1)

    Everything works fine for me (and for most other visitors); but apparently,
    a low percentage of visitors are actually using this URL:
    http://www.The-Digital-Picture.com/Pictures/Picture.aspx?Picture=4 (The 4
    could be any number 0-9)

    Is there a browser that is converting my parameter (such as
    2003-10-13_16-59-23) to a single numeric digit?
    Any other ideas?

    Thanks for the help!

    Bryan
    www.The-Digital-Picture.com
    BCarnathan, Jun 28, 2004

  2. BCarnathan

    SpaceGirl Guest

    BCarnathan wrote:

    > Is there a browser that is converting my parameter (such as
    > 2003-10-13_16-59-23) to a single numeric digit?
    > Any other ideas?
    >

    > Thanks for the help!
    >
    > Bryan
    > www.The-Digital-Picture.com

    Very odd... sure there's not something weird in your ASP.NET? I wouldn't
    expect any browser to screw up that querystring.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Jun 28, 2004

  3. BCarnathan

    BCarnathan Guest

    I am not *sure* my ASP.NET is right, but it is working in fine for me in
    test. I am glad my parameter looks clean to you - that takes a big piece out
    of the equation.

    I'll look harder for an ASP.NET code bug.

    Thanks SpaceGirl,

    Bryan

    BCarnathan, Jun 28, 2004