Parrot 0.2.1 "APW" Released!

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Leopold Toetsch, Jun 4, 2005.

  1. Parrot 0.2.1 "APW" Released!

    On behalf of the Parrot team I'm proud to announce another monthly
    release of Parrot and I'd like to thank all involved people as well as
    our sponsors for supporting us.

    The release name stands for "Austrian Perl Workshop", which will take
    place on 9th and 10th of June in Vienna. It will have a french
    connection that is a live video stream to the French Perl Workshop
    happening at the same time.

    What is Parrot?

    Parrot is a virtual machine aimed at running Perl6 and other dynamic
    languages.

    Parrot 0.2.1 changes and news

    - better HLL support (short names for object attributes, and
    .HLL and n_operators pragmas)
    - string encoding and charset can now be set independently
    - experimental mmap IO layer for slurping files
    - distinct debug and trace flag settings
    - glob support in PGE
    - new character classification opcodes and interfaces

    After some pause you can grab it from
    <http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/L/LT/LTOETSCH/parrot-0.2.1.tar.gz>.

    As parrot is still in steady development we recommend that you
    just get the latest and best from SVN by following the directions at
    <http://www.parrotcode.org/source.html>

    Turn your web browser towards <http://www.parrotcode.org/> for more
    information about Parrot, get involved, and:

    Have fun!
    leo
    Leopold Toetsch, Jun 4, 2005