Parrot 0.2.1 "APW" Released!

Leopold Toetsch

Parrot 0.2.1 "APW" Released!

On behalf of the Parrot team I'm proud to announce another monthly
release of Parrot and I'd like to thank all involved people as well as
our sponsors for supporting us.

The release name stands for "Austrian Perl Workshop", which will take
place on 9th and 10th of June in Vienna. It will have a french
connection that is a live video stream to the French Perl Workshop
happening at the same time.

What is Parrot?

Parrot is a virtual machine aimed at running Perl6 and other dynamic
languages.

Parrot 0.2.1 changes and news

- better HLL support (short names for object attributes, and
.HLL and n_operators pragmas)
- string encoding and charset can now be set independently
- experimental mmap IO layer for slurping files
- distinct debug and trace flag settings
- glob support in PGE
- new character classification opcodes and interfaces

After some pause you can grab it from
<http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/L/LT/LTOETSCH/parrot-0.2.1.tar.gz>.

As parrot is still in steady development we recommend that you
just get the latest and best from SVN by following the directions at
<http://www.parrotcode.org/source.html>

Turn your web browser towards <http://www.parrotcode.org/> for more
information about Parrot, get involved, and:

Have fun!
leo