    --
    Neil
    , Mar 16, 2006

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm wanting to have a very simple page with the facility to do as
    > follows:
    >
    > The user inputs some data into the text box, and clicks a button
    > The user is then submitted to a url depending on the variable, example:
    >
    > www.mysite.com/variablehere/etc/etc.html
    >
    > Where variable here is the value that the user has entered in the text
    > box.
    >
    > How wuold I go about doing this?

    Have your server-side form handler work out whether the user's input
    would product a valid URL and one that can be found, and the send the
    appropriate header to redirect the user to that location.

    --
    Hywel
    , Mar 16, 2006

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm wanting to have a very simple page with the facility to do as
    > > follows:
    > >
    > > The user inputs some data into the text box, and clicks a button
    > > The user is then submitted to a url depending on the variable, example:
    > >
    > > www.mysite.com/variablehere/etc/etc.html
    > >
    > > Where variable here is the value that the user has entered in the text
    > > box.
    > >
    > > How wuold I go about doing this?

    > Have your server-side form handler work out whether the user's input
    > would product a valid URL and one that can be found, and the send the
    > appropriate header to redirect the user to that location.

    Nvm Hywel, got it cracked now, fyi this is how I've done it with no SSI
    at all.

    A colleague as done it as a VB script.

    Cheers
    --
    Neil
    , Mar 16, 2006

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I'm wanting to have a very simple page with the facility to do as
    > > > follows:
    > > >
    > > > The user inputs some data into the text box, and clicks a button
    > > > The user is then submitted to a url depending on the variable, example:
    > > >
    > > > www.mysite.com/variablehere/etc/etc.html
    > > >
    > > > Where variable here is the value that the user has entered in the text
    > > > box.
    > > >
    > > > How wuold I go about doing this?

    > > Have your server-side form handler work out whether the user's input
    > > would product a valid URL and one that can be found, and the send the
    > > appropriate header to redirect the user to that location.
    > >

    > Nvm Hywel, got it cracked now, fyi this is how I've done it with no SSI
    > at all.
    >
    > A colleague as done it as a VB script.

    Server-side, I suppose? Or is this for a closed user group?

    --
    Hywel
    , Mar 16, 2006
  5. Neil Monk Guest

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> Have your server-side form handler work out whether the user's input
    >>> would product a valid URL and one that can be found, and the send
    >>> the appropriate header to redirect the user to that location.
    >>>

    >> Nvm Hywel, got it cracked now, fyi this is how I've done it with no
    >> SSI at all.
    >>
    >> A colleague as done it as a VB script.

    > Server-side, I suppose? Or is this for a closed user group?

    No, not server side as I mentioned (ah, I meantioned SSI, when I actually
    meant no server side stuff at all, my bad!)

    It's a closed user group (it is on a W2K networked drive) and works a treat!

    --
    Neil
    - www.neilmonk.com -
    Neil Monk, Mar 17, 2006