parse XBase to work with quicken?

simpleinventor

My dad has an old real-estate managing program he's been using since
windows 3.11. It has a lot of .dbf and .ntx files, so research suggests
that this program was written in XBase. He just recently converted to
Quicken Property manager and is much happier. However, years of data is
still stored in his old program. I am planning on creating a program in
c++ that takes his old data and makes it readable and saveable in
Quicken. Any ideas where to begin? BTW, I don't know anything about
XBase except for what it says here:
http://www.clicketyclick.dk/databases/xbase/format/index.html#INDEX

Thanks.

John Harrison

My dad has an old real-estate managing program he's been using since
windows 3.11. It has a lot of .dbf and .ntx files, so research suggests
that this program was written in XBase. He just recently converted to
Quicken Property manager and is much happier. However, years of data is
still stored in his old program. I am planning on creating a program in
c++ that takes his old data and makes it readable and saveable in
Quicken. Any ideas where to begin? BTW, I don't know anything about
XBase except for what it says here:
http://www.clicketyclick.dk/databases/xbase/format/index.html#INDEX

Thanks.

Well that seems to be a pretty comprehesive description of the XBase
format, so what exactly is the problem? Write a program to read that
data and convert to a format Quicken understands, preferably some simple
text based format. I don't know anything about Quicken but I'd assume it
can input text somehow or other.

john