Parsing text acounting for typos?

dagoodyear

Hi all,

Any suggestions on how I may compare two lines of text say allow for a
certain number of typo's?

I was thinking some form of regular expression, any ideas?

Harald

dagoodyear said:
Hi all,

Any suggestions on how I may compare two lines of text say allow for a
certain number of typo's?

I was thinking some form of regular expression, any ideas?

Levenshtein distance, also known as sequence alignment in
bioinformatics is what you may want. Trigram or ngram similarity may
do too.

Harald.