Pass hidden values in ASP

VK

Hello:

We are integrating 3rd party s/w which would process online
transactions.

this product would require that we pass some sensitive information over
the web, using FORM-POST-Hidden fields method. On viewing source this
page we are able to see this info. To overcome this - steps followed.

PageA.asp - collect information, exists on our server
PageB.asp - request info from PageA.asp, append sensitive information,
automatically POST to client server - this code exists on our server.

The issue arises that while connecting from PageB.asp to client server,
there is a little delay which shows the hidden page.

Is there some other way to overcome this?

Thanks.
VK

VK

You mean, like:

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="VALUE1"
VALUE="<%=Session("value1")%>">

On viewing source, this value is visible. I have tried this.

thanks.

Meelis Lilbok

No i mean, why you must youse hidden fields?
Just store on first page this "sensitive" data in Session()
and read on second page :)

M.

Luis

Further ypu might want to do some sort of encryption on the data before
storing it.

Cheers, Luis

VK

Meelis,

While reading this session object, we are able to view this value. the
only way the client wants/reads/interprets this information is by form,
post, hidden field.

Luis,
when you say - encryption on the data, you mean secure ASP page using
HTTPS(which we are doing), or you mean the data itself? How would we
perform encryption on the data itself?

Many thanks.

Jeff Cochran

You mean, like:

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="VALUE1"
VALUE="<%=Session("value1")%>">

On viewing source, this value is visible. I have tried this.

No, use session variables. Not passing through a form. There are
limits to sessions (cookies being the biggie for most people) but they
should work fine. Take a look at this for sample shopping cart code:

http://www.aspfaq.com/cart/

Jeff

Luis

exactly. you can use a componet as mentioned hereunder or just some kind of
funcion you make up to do the job.

cheers, Luis

VK

Jeff:

Apologize if I seem dense, you mean to define session variable in
global.asa file and then on one of asp pages submit this as hidden
value?

global.asa
Session("PASSWORD") = "password"

in .asp page