    example I can refere to?
    --
    Betty

    c676228, Oct 16, 2006

  2. Hello Betty,

    See you again:)

    As for the passing XML information to stored procedure, would you provide
    some further detailed explanation this? As far as I knew, SQL Server 2000
    does support some kinds of XML integration and programming interface. They
    include:

    ** query result as XML format

    ** send query command over http and retrieve XML resultset back

    ** execute XML syntax based query

    ** XML document update

    You can look at these features in the following reference:

    #SQL Server 2000 XML Overview
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2000/evaluate/xmlsql.mspx

    for your case, you want to pass some XML data to the SP, what's the SP's
    function? Is it originally used to process XML data or you want to use XML
    programming interface of SQL 2000 in that SP?

    Please feel free to let me know if you have any further comments or
    questions.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Oct 17, 2006

  3. c676228 wrote:
    > Hi,
    > About ten days ago I got an idea from Anthony that in sql 2000 I can
    > pass many parameters through xml to store procedure. Any resouces or
    > web site example I can refere to?

    Take a look at Erland's article about simulating arrays in T-SQL. While he
    does not cover your situation precisely, what he has there should get you
    going:
    http://www.sommarskog.se/
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 17, 2006
  4. "c676228" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > About ten days ago I got an idea from Anthony that in sql 2000 I can pass
    > many parameters through xml to store procedure. Any resouces or web site
    > example I can refere to?
    > --
    > Betty

    I've replied in the original thread

    Anthony Jones, Oct 17, 2006
  5. c676228

    c676228 Guest

    Re: pass many people's information through XML format to a store p

    Steven, Bob and Anthony,
    Thanks all of you for your direction and instruction. I do need people like
    you guys who are so generous and patient to share your knowledge and
    expertise.
    --
    Betty

    c676228, Oct 19, 2006